gimmick?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the banjo minnow? Is this thing for real or just a money wasting gimmick?

I just saw the infomercial ,again, and thought I wuold ask.

Eric

I have purchased it twice. Both times the kit just sat there and looked to confusing to put together, so they both were never used. TV can make anything look good.

With so many lures on the market today, i would stay away from ones that try that hard to be sold. Just go to Bassmaster.com and read what the pros use, they tell you when and why to use them. Just my opinion.

If you do buy it, let us know how it works for you. Thanks

-Jason

I've heard they work but like any lure they are not perfect in all conditions as the commercial would suggest. I personally wouldn't spend the money but if someone gave me the kit I'd give them a try.:)

I'm absolutely positive that my brother-in-law has one (or more). He buys more useless cheap fishing equipment, that doesn't work, than you can believe. Bet he doesn't have ONE SHARP HOOK in his box!

Tex

Well, would you add Iconelli to the mix with his touted "Laser Lure"? I still say that we, as fishermen, have a habit of "over thinking" the fish. I mean look at what has stood the test of time and is still producing....plastic worms, crank baits in all of their various forms and spinnerbaits. We give these fish more credit than they are due, they've got a brain the size of a pea for cryin out loud!!:lol: I mean look at the Senko, how much more simple can you get?

TOXIC

I have seen a lot of people use the Banjo Minnow and one guy will certify that it is the best Pike lure he has ever thrown. Swears that if there is one pike in a lake and he throws it, he will catch that pike within 10 cast!

I have never seen anyone catch a bass on one but they do have a great soft jerk bait action!

Randy!

Make you own Banjo Minnows with a screw lock worm keeper and a GOOD hook along with your favorite soft plastic jerk bait.

They do work.

Hell a budweiser can lure won one of the biggest tournaments in Japan. Fish are stupid, we just might be even more.

You got that right....hell, I've caught bass on a Marlboro cigarette butt....Mini was there to see it!!!

Not out of business, but they did pull their products out of major retail outlets. Sell online now; I wonder what that did to the price? Will have to look.

I'm not gonna admit that I have the kit that was bought by my FIL for my birthday but, I guess I can admit I haven't used them yet.

I'm not that desperate yet:lol:

I can see it now Tox....:rolleyes::lol::p

Dude...are you using the Chigger Craw yet?

One word....AWESOME! The flapper action is unbelievable...swim them jigs!:cool:

You know me, Yamamoto all the way. Flappin Hawg and more varities of craws than I need!! Here's a little tip...take a Swimming Senko, bite it in half and use the tail on your swimming jig....another secret given to the crew!!

TOXIC

Here's another good one from the CA Delta. Thread a white swim Senko onto a white chatterbait. Great trailer.

NoCAL

There are plenty "gimicks" I'd use if I could buy them in single color packs instead of "kits". Flying Lures and Helicoptor Lures both caught fish for me, but left me with dozens of odd colored junk lures after the productive colors were used up. The marketing is all wrong, and they were domed to fail the minute they put them in "kits".

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back