General question about Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Lineback

Reaction score
I have been doing alot of research before buying a boat. I am not interested in anything big just a boat that I can take out fishing and store easily. I am looking at the Tracker Superguide V16 SC. I don't fish big water and this will fit in my garage so that is my limiting factor. I also looked at Alumacraft, Lund, and Lowe.

My real concern is that I see alot of complaints about quality. The majority seem to be centering on Weld quality, materials etc. The next in line is Dealer complaints. I understand that no matter what you buy there are times that things are not just right, but there seems to be a LARGE number of consumer complaints regarding the quality issue here.

Any information that folks could pass my way is appreciated.

Thanks,

Another thing to consider is Tracker has the highest number of sales of any boat company. More people owning them, thus more chance of complaints. The ratio of complaints to owners may be the same as the other brands.

I had a 2009 v-15sc and never had a problem with it. My only recomendation would be to up the hp to close to the max. Good luck with your search.

I have been a Nitro owner and was very happy. Last fall after failure to find a used rig, I stated with new. At the end of the season is a good time for the buyer, my 2 cents. After 3 to 4 weeks of looking and picture taking, a Lowe dealer about 2 hours from me offered a deal that I could not turn down, the Tracker dealer is about 20 minutes away but would not budge on the price, very close to the same rig.

Shop around.

I'd focus on the dealer. Any issues that might come up will be handled first by your dealer. If they're just interested in the sale, then you're not going to be satisfied.

For what it's worth, my first tracker was a 14' jon boat package from tracker bought in 1988. I kept it until 2001 when I bought a Pro-Angler 16. No issues for either boat.

I have a Nitro, it is not a metal boat, but really have had zero problems with mine. I've had it 5 1/2 years and bought it a year and a half old. It is garaged, and really have done nothing to it since I bought it other than the usual engine preventive maintenance.

My neighbor across the street has that one but picked a bigger motor. Boy is he glad that he did that. Like the boat. I'll hold my tongue on the rest.

fatrap

Im on my third tracker boat,z7 nitro,itb has some chining probs at top end,but that aside it is a great fishing machine,my other tracker boats were fiberglass as well,never a problem with them,SERVICE,now its my expererience that if you have a local marina that is a nitro dealer,you will recieve much better service there,than at a bass pro service center,especially the one in Orlando.I do have a couple of buddies that have metal trackers,no problems,but believe me,you buy a new one,get max hp,or near max hp motor,you wont regret it.

Have a tracker vargas v18 combo with 115 merc. Great boat with no problems.

I have a 2001 tv18 that i bought new from the Bowers marine group. It has a 150 xr6 on it and it runs and performs really well. The 150 puts different stresses on the hull and a few of the strakes were popping the tack welds. The dealership took the boat back to access the damage and how it can be repaired. Not something a local welder should attempt. I thought they went above and beyond to help and explain what could and should be done. Tracker makes a good product, but it's the people at the dealerships that make for a good shopping experience.

I own two trackers, one is my first tin boat a yr. 2000 15.4 grizzly that looks better than the day got it. my second is a 2010 190tx w an optimax 115hp no major issues. some little things like rivets. which I replaced with stainless. As far as welds go i'm no expert but I can't say I've seen better!

Just don't ever remove your decks and you'll stay convinced;)

It's not external welds you hear about...it's internal.

I was told that the areas that need welding, should be taken care of both from the outside and the inside. The foam and gas tank pose serious risk of welding from the outside. The inside also has some structural supports that may have popped some tacks and would need to be visually inspected.

I enjoy this site for all the useful info and tips. Thanks.

If you ever have to actually fix a cack in your aluminum and need to remove it...e-mail me and I'll walk you thru.

Latest posts

Back