Garlic scented worms

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan of garlic scented worms, but I received some new lures a while back that just looked too good to not throw. I had promised the person who sent them that I'd test them out, so I used them this past weekend. I didn't get a single tap on them, but the lure types I had weren't really optimal for the type of fishing I was doing.

Problem is... throughout the morning, I had a highly unusual craving for Pizza, Calzones and Stromboli for some reason. :rolleyes: Hmph! Go figure. Wonder what that was all about. :lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Hey Glenn,

I believe its a "Confidence" thing. I have been using Bang garlic on all my plastics for a few years now. Wouldnt go fishing without it. I now have a guy who makes my worms and senko styles, and craws. He actually impregnates my plastics with bang garlic. Good stuff. Dont give up on it.

Max

You'll never make me believe that scented anything doesn't help.

I could be a PowerBait spokeperson...it DOES make a diff.

I've outfished guys right beside me using any other brand they want in jigs, worms or whatever;)

IMHO it makes them hang on longer...been proven.

I also like the BANG products..especially for smallmouth. I think SM must be part Italian cuz they like garlic so much:lol:

Im a fan or Garlic sent as well. I use Chompers skirted grubs with garlic scent a good bit and they will outfish a lot of other similar baits on some of the lakes i go to around here. Personally i think the scent has a lot to do with it because when other stuff fails those work and work well.

I like Bang stuff too, i have had days where that scent has 100% made the difference between bites and no bites. My fav is the regular craw scent(not the pure craw) which for whatever reason smells like root beer instead of the normal gross smell that most craw scents have.

Im with you tee on the power bait, i fish a lot of soft plastics and i would say darn close to 80% of the time its some sort of power bait. The only thing that drives me crazy about them is you find something you really like and they discontinue it, they seems to have a very short product lifecycle. For instance they used to make a skirted grub in "smoke" which looked more like brown with gold and silver fleck. They were my go to bait for the 4 years they made them. They also used to make a 4" paddle tail worm called "squirmers" that was super productive, they only made them for like two years and stopped. The last time BPS by me had 7" ribbontails in black in the 100 bag i bought all 5 of the bags they had for fear they would stop making them. I have not seen them in the store since....

Meanwhile, the guy at BPS said ... "glad we finally got rid of those last 5 bags of black worms." :lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol:

When I was a kid I got to meet and spend some time with Billy Westmoreland. He used the old fish formula on every few cast. I also have a buddy that uses Bang and the pizza thoughts hit me all day long. I have a Bass Pro towel I take every were I fish. I moved his seat and it hit the Bang nozzle and sprayed my towel. Smelled like pizza all day. I like using scents just in case. Do bass smell? I dont know but they seem to hold on longer. It helps my mental game. And one of my heros used it alot. I think of him every time I spray.

I make my own spray out of garlic and cooking oil. I either impregnate with a hypodermic needle, soak the bait, or spray it on. They definitely seem to have the edge over the same bait with no garlic.

Scott

What size anchor were you using? The wind has been so bad I haven't been out in a while. For what it's worth I do use scents, in my age group, when I can remember to use them.

for many ,,,and many years,,,SPIKE IT BAIT co produced the best garlic scent around....and in my opinion they still do...my fishing partner..OL WOODRO fished a tourney years ago at Baden Lake..North Carolina. and stayed in GAR CREEK ... when we were done with the creek the locals renamed it GARLIC CREEK..

in NC,,you ALWAYS have Chartruese garlic dye on board.. to dip tails in...

I have been using CHARMER BAITS (garlic injected) for the last 4 yrs..but still "dip":cool::cool:

Interesting you say that Bob..I just purchased their new SpikeIt for Live Bait!

Haven't tried on the Dale Hollow SM (shiners) yet but, man do I have some high hopes for the fall trip and that's about all we use. Talk about GARLIC....Wheeeeewwwy!:lol:

Latest posts

Back