Gander back in the Catalog Business????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Apparently Gander Mountain has just purchased Overton's. As many should know, Overtons has been around a long time selling marine "stuff". Gander sold their catalog business to Cabelas long ago and Cabelas successfuly thwarted an attempt a while back to reenter the catalog and internet sales business in their own name.

Look for Overton's to sell EVERYTHING that Gander sells in their catalog and on the internet.

The Press release stated that Overton's will be operated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Gander... Can you say; "more than one way to skin a cat"!

http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=19575

We just had a Gander open here in Bowling Green. I didn't know much about them and went to their site to look at their catalog. Alas, no catalog. Guess this explains what happened to it. I don't see how any large business could make it today without an online catalog at least. Hutch

hutch,

The Gander is in Bowling Green? I thought it was going to be closer to Atlee / Elmont, right down the street from GreenTop. Where did they put it in? Anywhere close to 207/301 (Exit 104 I think... off of I95N). Headed that way tomorrow evening to hunt AP Hill, and if it's close, and opened, I may stop by.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, there's more than one Bowling Green LOL. The Bowling Green he's referring to is in Kentucky.

And yes there is a Gander Mountain Just north of Richmond, i pass by it on the way to my brother's house in Richmond.

Eric