Fueling issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess Yaj

Reaction score
What have I done wrong when I pump gas in the boat tank and not even in. 30 second it flooded back out...I have to do this manually...why isn't it like a car once it's full it stop...and does anybody know what gallon gas tank a 91 nitro 160 tf can hold...:D

All boats are finicky about fueling. You need to find the best angle to put the gas nozzle in at. Even that way you can't normally just pull the handle of the nozzle to full open and you can never let it fill to the top without backing off the flow. It's the design of the flow tube and because it is so much shorter from the tank to the top.

Not sure on the 160 buy my 170 has a 22gal tank. I can lock the nozzle when fueling but like Tox said you have to back off before it's full. I also never put more that about 18gals in mine. If I do it just spills out the vent and makes a mess.

Make sure your vent is working and there isn't a kink in the hose from the filler cap to the tank. The rubber hose has a spring coiled inside it. My Nitro had a kink and caused gas to belch out. I took off the cap and shortened the hose(a pain) and it drank from the pump like a drunk with a free bottle of beer. My Tundra slurps gas down into the 40 gallon tank with the pump going full blast.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back