FREE Hydrofoil

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGCBAG

Reaction score
I'm not interested in getting into a discussion about hydrofoil or no hydrofoil. I know how passionate people are about proper boat setup so I prefer to stay away from that. My second boat(just sold) was long and heavy with a very heavy evinrude 150 vro. I installed the hydrofoil to help with performance and it did help, I only had it out two times before I sold the boat. I took it off to do some lower unit work and never installed it again. I don't need this on my Nitro so I'm giving it away. It is like new and I still have the package it came in.

Attwood Hydro-Stabilizer model# 9400-7

Hydrofoil1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

50hp motor and up

If your truly interested I will take care of the shipping cost. I also have a minn-kota v2 powerdrive on my boat. The mounting senario is completly different than yours and it is only 55lb thrust. Yes it is mounted on the plastic quick release and I love it! I have a 189 sport with a trolling motor mounting plate so it's not mounted to the boat itself, the unit does have to stick out past the boat qiute a bit but it works great. Posted a couple of pics in my library if you want to check them out.

Love the mounting plate! I may have to do something similar. Would MUCH rather drill into a plate like that than into my boat hull. Is that plate specific to your 189? Will email you my home address.

Yes drew, this is a stock plate that comes with nitro sport package. The entire plate comes off the boat or I can just remove the trolling motor with the quick release mount.

Latest posts

Back