Found a passenger console for my tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell Landrum

Reaction score
I found a passenger console off of an 01 TV-18. :D:D:D I'm about to try and mount it on my 04 PT 185. Has anyone mounted one on their boat? I haven't gotten it in my hands yet, so I don't really know how it'll mount up. I'm just lookin for some advice.

I added one to my '99 Pt185. I think the one I got was from a TV18 also. I had to trim some of the carpeted formed aluminum the console is made from to get it to fit the side profile of my 185. I also had to add about a 1/2" or 5/8" wide x 6" long spacer between the console and the rod locker. I drilled (2) 1/4" holes thru the console, spacer and rod lacker. I tied it all together with 1/4" bolts, washers and nylon lock ring nuts. I put the nuts on the inside of the console so there were no bolts protruding into the rod locker. Without the spacer the rod locker lid would jam against the console. The gap between the console and the rod locker will not be very big once you tighten the bolts and the carpet compresses. This also gives strong support to the console so it will not tilt back or forth.

If you look around the upper inside of the console, by the cup holder I think, there were 2 holes in the console that matched 2 holes on the side of my boat. Once you get a close final location, I put a Sharpie pen thru the holes to mark the approx. location on the carpet. I removed the ink with lighter fluid when finished. I then probed with an ice pick until I found both holes. On the inside of the holes there are (2) 1/4" x 20 (course thread) nuts fastened to the side panel. Once you find these holes, if they are there, your final location position my change. You probably will need the spacer temporarily installed to hold a close position.

On the lower outside corner, where you would enter the console I may have fastened a angle bracket with brass screws,washer & nuts to the inside of the lower console corner and put stainless steel screws onto the floor to secure the corner from moving around. Or they may be another way do it. Take a good look at this area, There may be a lip you may be able to drill thru and just use screws to secure this area to the floor.

Just a note here. I did not leave mine in very long. You'll see once you get it installed, there will not be very much clearance space between the (2) consoles. It just got to be more of an inconvenience for me. Also, your boat cover may not fit right anymore due to the height of the console.

I hope this will help you, I did this project probably 4 or 5 yrs. ago so I may have forgotten a few things. Carl

Latest posts

Back