For You Bi-Fishuals

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just a little tease that my friends at SPRO have designed a new Walleye crankbait. Not on the website, not even on Google. I want some opinions and I'll post pics and colors and who the designers are tonight. I forgot to forward the PR to my office email so y'all will just have to wait.:lol:

TOXIC

Can't wait. Maybe I can add it to my 300 or so mostly unused crankbait collection. Including my naked mermaid lure collection.

fatrap

I love throwing my Walleye Cranks down here for bass, they have NO idea what it is and eat it up!! of course i've had some huge northern's attack my bass cranks up in Ontario!! LOL

As Promised:

Madeye Shad Press Release (2) (4).doc

SPRO MadEye Shad 25 colors.pdf

So, All you "eye" hunters and Sauger or whatever....What do ya think? Kinda looks retro to me.....

TOXIC

Ok....so sumthings fubared....go to my librarry and look at the 2 docs...:huh:
http://www.nitroowners.com/~library/5933/SPRO MadEye Shad 25 colors.pdf

This is the press release

www.spro.com

SPRO CORP. PRESS RELEASE

SPRO MadEye Shad

As one of the hottest brands in the fishing industry, SPRO Corp is proud to announce the release of the new SPRO MadEye Shad. The MadEye Shad is Spro

Some of those colors look promising... If Tom Keenan likes the bait it has promise...:cool:

Which colors? Keenan was a designer so I'm told but I don't run in the same circles as you!!:lol: I "might" be able to get a few advance samples. It looks to me that them bassus or Green Stump Carp as you like to call them, as well as Smallmouth, just might try to make a meal out of them as well. BTW, is there really any difference between a crank that you troll and a casting model?:huh:

TOXIC

There are no "differences" but some crankbaits are not suitable for trolling. The colors that "I" like are Gold Flash, Purple Virgin and Firetiger. And, I am sure that no matter what, photos don't always show the true colors... So, the one that might be Silver and Black would also be good. For lots of the impoundments of the Wisconsin River that are dark to very dark stained water that Gold (any gold is my 1st choice to try) would be my choice. The White for muddy river conditions on sunny days...

But, I am very interested in the "action" with that tail. Lots of time pulling cranks we have better luck with jointed shad raps or jointed Rapalas so any two piece bait is of interest.

Tom Keenan (and his brother and nephews) have forgotten more about catching walleyes than I have ever known. I attend any seminar he gives and a lot of what I do has been the result of his suggestions. He likes to K.I.S.S. and is not in the have to have and use the latest and greatest... so if he is adding something to his arsenal (and he has a lot of integrity to avoid temptation) it just might be worth jumping on board.

Pat Neu is a well recognized expert at trolling cranks, so he too is an impressive name on that list. Same story as Tom Keenan to some extent. He uses very few selected baits. So, if he too is adding something he impresses me.

Speaking of naked mermaids, a few years ago someone gave me a lure of naked breast with hooks on them. I haven't used them yet cause I'm afraid the only thing I will catch are my fingers.

Latest posts

Back