For Carlos ...

• Thread starter Marty Klein [URL]http://www.therodguard.com/[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will cost me about $450 to tie one to every rod!

Well now, if you have 100 rods, then you may have too many. And if you have 100 rods at risk of falling in, then you're just flat careless. And if you have 100 rods, is $4.50 per forever really that much for insurance? And I suspect that if a combo goes to the bottom, having spent $4.50 for something that comes back to the boat and brings the combo with you is not that big a deal. Or ... were you just trying to impress us by letting us know you only have 100 rods?

By the way, I am not a salesman for Rod Guard; I saw this on another site and was simply poking the badger on the occasion of his recent loss.

Here's my problem....I'm forever the pessimist.....Take a look at the amount of "wrap" he has on the rod he is showing....then take a look at the amount of "wrap" that he has on the rod/reel pictured in the water...hmmmmmmmm, a bit more wrap maybe....I was waiting for him in the video to toss the one in his hands into the lake but he never did. That is what got me to wondering. That being said, it might slow the sink enough to allow you to snatch it but I would have to wonder if it would resurface the rod if tossed or dropped with any momentum. Besides, CIII needs a lot more help than just a floatstick!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

I also was waiting for a full demo of tosing the rod to the water. But no you have a steady rod with 2 handles device on it at the end. Give us a full demo.

Actually, there are probably more than 100! Walleye fishing takes a few more setups than a worm rod and a sapinning setup...!!!! Added to that, that all of my son's personal stuff is also "here"... Well, Imelda Marcos had her shoes...:wacko:

Ask Toxic... We tend to have four or six of "everything", but that wasn't my purpose...

I haven't dropped anything into the sea in quite a while... 10 years or more. Even a good trolling setup is under $450... and I have a feeling that the wraps wouldn't last 10 years... I was looking at it like insurance and a "deductible". Losing a setup every ten years is probably cheaper than the wraps.

Now, as to how effective... I'd have to try that. So, maybe on kids setups if it works it might not be a bad idea;)

They do state that heavier reels need two. Yes, I would have liked to have seen a video of the thing in action as well. The guy does need some marketing tips as clearly he does not understand that folks won't simply be impressed by a floating combo [the intent of the device]. Similar stuff from Bass Pro works just as well and with velcro straps changes out very quickly so only a few at most are needed. However, those hook to the rod and not the handle.

Yep I've seen the BPS ones and they look like kid's floaties!!:p I call them fishing training wheels!!:lol: They are the ugliest things I have ever seen!! Can you imagine what your deck would look like with all your rods wrapped with those? Pretty funny!! Would be a big hit at your fishing club or tournament weigh in with all the other fishermen!! I think I'd rather lose a rod!!:lol: Although........for client rods......hmmmmmm. :p

TOXIC

My biggest problem is not kicking them over the side but me or my partner stepping on them. Seems I have a miss on a top water, drop that rod to pick up a follow bait, get a hit, swing.... and ... crunch/snap. I always seem to miss the fish too!:wacko:

Oh well, maybe that is why I don't use $100 rods!:p

Randy!

Ugly? Ugly? If fishing was a beauty contest some of us wouldn't be allowed on the lake. I'll bet you could have one on every rod and your backseater might not even notice.

Solve that problem by remembering that the flash to bang time for a bass to hit a follow up bait doesn't need to be rod-crunching fast.

The sides are high enough on my Tundra I DON'T have to worry about kicking things out or my personal favorite walking off the side of the boat preferably backwards. No thanks on them things. Carlos, being a marine, would probably opt for one in desert cammo.:D

fatrap

OUCH! You are too funny man!!!!!

Good idea, but argument not withstanding, if I had done what I was supposed to do, the rod condom would not have been needed...strap that baby down when you are not using it!!!

I'm not one to brag... But, even if I strap it down when I'm not using it... It is almost underfoot... LOL Oh never mind!

Ahhh ... that's what I like CIII, a man who takes responsibility for his own actions!! Are you sure you're not Army? :D;)

Marty that would sting, but I work with too many Army guys know and I know the truth HAHAHAHAHAH

Greg, TMI and I think a bit overstated??? HAHAHAHAH

Carlos... I am speechless! :( You would doubt the word of a brother?:lol: I am a legend (in my own mind, ya know):wacko:

Latest posts

Back