Floating worms...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
What's your favorite and why?

Favorite colors and length?

Fav's for smallies? (You mafia boys)

Thanks in advance,

TEE

Good ol' Zoom trick worm. Sherbert.

sherbert.jpg

Taught to rig it with a small swivel and a red bead above the swivel. No weight. 2/0 or 3/0 EWG hook. Rig it 'Texas' or 'Whacky' style.

Tex

I've tried them all and I always come back to a Zoom Trick Worm for that soft-plastic need.

Favorite colors:

White to start with... unless the water is very stained, and then I like Bubblegum instead. If the water is clearer, and I want a more natural presentation, I'll go with Watermelonseed/Red Flake. And for some reason, they tear up the "Bruised Banana" when they won't touch anything else (Burnt yellow / Brown swirl).

I rig them all with a 3/0 or 4/0 Mustad Ultra Lock hook. No weight - Texas Rigged, but "skin hooked" (Texposed).

All the best,

Glenn

Never tried them on smallies.....they seem to whack so many other baits I never tried a floating worm. I do use them for Lrgmth tho.....Berkley floating power worms in white and pink....I rig them with a 3/0 EWG hook and a swivel. I kink the worm slightly so it acts like a jerk bait,..and the swivel helps with line twist. I use a spinning rod..6-6med hvy and 10lb line.

Reason I ask is they kill them on the Hollow on post spawn fish. Seen afew locals doing it but, really didn't know what they were throwing at first. Bright colors too...red,orange,chartruese and white.

I'd bet they're trick worms. Do they float at all?

Like Mac said, too many other things to throw! lol

I havent tried them , but I will just for you Tee and report back.....

Post spawn, I can see them being effective. Topwater is my fav post spawn bait.

Usually around the post spawn up here the mayfly hatch is in full swing.

Do they float? Heck yes. Zoom Trick worms and Precision Floating Worms are the only ones I own (and it aint many, well relatively speaking anyway...lol)

Senko's don't float and that's the only "worm" I throw. Well, I do throw a bunch more of the Yamamoto worms but still in the same family!!

TOXIC

If that's the only worm you throw...you'd have a tuff time at Caesers Creek here in Ohio because I can't hardly buy a bite on a Senko. I can anywhere else but, there and don't understand it:wacko:

I've thrown just about everything else...why not learn floating worms.

I'll report as well...gotta go to Dicks right now:cool:

my preference is the zoom trick worm in metholite.

TOXIC, are you telling me you never throw the senko "LITE", its a great backup bait for topwater.

mike c

Tee it's not you it's the lake! I have traveled all over the States fishing tournaments and that lake is tough. It has left me feeling hollow more than once! It is one of the toughest around. If you have a good day there you have caught 5-6 bass. The best bait I have found there so far is either a dark colored crank bait on timber or rocky banks or a Zoom u-tailed worm in junebug texas rigged when they are shallow or a Zoom bubblegum trick worm carolina rigged when they go deep! Good luck let me know how you do!

The Dragon

Mike, yes I toss them a little. TEE, I might have a hard time but it would be the first body of water to ever skunk me on a senko...ever!! I don't know what that says about the bait or the way that I fish it, but it has caught me fish everywhere I have ever thrown it. Sometimes I have to get creative but I can usually get them to bite it. I would like to get on that body of water just to give it a go!!:lol: When you key on a certain bait our "go-to" baits, you learn the little things that make a difference. Brauer on tubes/jigs, VanDam on spinnerbaits...etc. Now that's not to say you are one-sided, you still gotta know what to throw and when to throw it. If I had to hang my hat on just one bait, for me it would be a senko.

TOXIC

That's Caesers is a very humbling lake but, it will give up a few good uns' at times...

Worms is what shines on this lake....jigs are almost impossible in heavy wood there.

Cranks and spinners work wel at times....and ONLY at times.

I spend alot of time there in summer for saugeyes and there are some MONSTERS!

I'm also tryin' my hand at Muskie fishing thsi year, a buddy of mine caught a 48" last year and heard of a 50":blink:

fish-8-7-05.JPG

Latest posts

Back