Flipping/Pitching Rod

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger 519

Reaction score
I am looking for a Flipping/Pitching rod and considering the Denny Brauer (TD-S76THFB-B). The problem is I cannot find the rod locally...Atlanta (BPS did not have it). What do you guys think of this rod and where can you purchase it?

I also looked at the Cabela's Flipping/Pitching rod; does anyone have any experience with this brand or would recommend another brand?

I am looking to spend no more than $150 on the rod. The Brauer rod is 7'6" telescopic, medium heavy-Fast action.

Try an All Star....we have MANY models and prices to choose from including a few designed by Tommy Biffle and our new BigBoy Series.... What are the specs on the Denny Brauer one? I'll bet I know where you can find one AND it will have a lifetime warranty!

Mini

Greg i use a st croix avid 7-3 mh for a flipping stick. Its a darn good rod for that application. Very strong powerful rod. St croix is also very easy to deal with should you ever break it. i would also take a look at castaway and the all star that Mini mentioned.

I have seen and held the Allstar pitching rods....very nice. Also got a look at Mark's Castaway pitching rod. Also very nice. Can't go wrong with either of them, but I don't know if they're in your price range. Until I can afford an Allstar, Castaway, or Buzz buys me a St Croix, I'll keep using my Shimano 7' MH. I'll be trading up this winter. Haven't decided which one yet, but anyone that throws a potential sponsorship my way will get my vote! LOL

Latest posts

Back