flatened prop help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I have a Triton TR186 2001 MODEL. I kinda hit the boat ramp this week and it flattened the edges on my prop. Can I file it back out. What should I look for as far as damage. It didn't break the shear pin. any advice appreciated. If I should buy another what prop di I need. I probably want to buy a spare anyways.

What hp motor? What type of prop? I assume metal because SS would have busted. Only small hp motors have shear pins. Need more info.

Its a 150 Evinrude Ficht seems to be stainless it isn't bent just flattened the edged. Don't really know what type prop. what do I look for for damage

Sounds like the only damage is to the edges of the blades. More or less ground them down. You can take a file to them and help them but a prop shop could make them like new. Doesn't sound like you have any other damage to it. How much did you flatten it?

Problem with filing it down yourself is that you may take more off one ear than the others resulting in an off balanced prop.

Aluminum props are usually painted.

Stainless Steel props are usually not.

Thats a quick way to determine which one you have.

Oh and BTW Toxic....Aluminum is still metal....lol

Thanks guys nearest prop shop is 3 hours from me that I know about but I don't want to damage it more. I still have the tracker to use. But with a foot issues from a diabetic coma in October the triton is a more stable platform. I may sent it some were and have it worked on. Thanks guys for the help. any thing I need to purchase when I put it back on

Latest posts

Back