Fishing seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen Summers

Reaction score
Folks, I have a 2006 929 with the standard fishing front and rear deck fishing seats. When I install the seat it sets above the deck. I have seen newer boats whose seats seem to sink down into the boat when stored to the point the actual seat is on the deck. If I plan to cover my boat the seats have to come out and set in the floor. I am going to purchase a couple of seats for crappie fishing but thought this would be a good time to change up my equipment if possible. What all has to be changed out in order to get the set up discribed?

Glen I have seen them where the seat it self was stored that way but the pole was removed? Not sure if that helps or not?

BF

If the pic in your member library is your boat, remove the seats and pedestals from the deck. Pull the seats off the pedestals, and put the seat pins in the holes on the deck. Then store the pedestals in the storage compartments.

I follow Scott's method, and just keep the pedestals in the compartments. If you want something permanent, try www.kwikdrop.com.

Glen, I assume you have the locking type poles, if that is the case, you will have no choice but to remove the seats and poles for tarping, the ones you see with the seat right against the floor, they normally have just the 3/4 pin style bases and poles, those yes you can do that with, but they also do not lock into place, and I have seen them fly out in rough water.

Thanks for the help everyone. My seats are do not disconnect from my poles. I thought some one had come up with an invention that could lower the pole down into the hull. Wishfull thinking. I will go ahead and buy some short poles and seats and get back to the crappie next week. Thanks again.

Glen

Latest posts

Back