Fishing In Mexico

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dougiemac

So I'm heading to Mexico for some R&R soon. I've been to Mexico more times than I can count... maybe up to visit #20? Anyway, I've visited both sides of the country on the coast, and although I have visited the Riviera Maya more than the Baja Peninsula, I've only fished the Baja (caught a 120 lb Marlin in Cabo over Christmas break).

My question, is there any good fishing off the Riviera Mayan coast (in the southern Gulf) this time of the year? If so, what can I expect? I don't want to drop $200-$300 for off shore fishing and it be a bust, ya know?

Thanks!

A few words...hurricane season? We had nine local firmen stranded there for six days little food or water. 10 years ago my sister was trapped when hurricane damaged her hotel and she spent five days in a school building no running water (or toilets) and little food sleeping on two kiddie chairs.... I don't do Mexico or other 3rd world countries.... I have heard too many tales of woah.

I wouldn't give a frickin dime to a country illegally holding a marine while flooding our country with illegals. I'd rather just create a 100 mile buffer zone through carpet bombing them and close the borders.

We have a place down there that we visit some friends that moved down there a few years back... a former marine and LEO buddy of mine that retired from being a detective and sold everything, moved there with his wife and started a B&B. And I'm mad as hell about our Marine that is being held there, but I'm not upset at Mexico, my anger is with Obama and the current administration for not doing anything and attempting to get him out. And if I refused to go anywhere that had crime, injustice, violence and evil, I'd stay in my house and never go outside.

Anyway, I spent the week drinking cold beer and sitting on a beach watch the sun rise and set on my troubles for the week. I came back tanned, refreshed and renewed for the next few months of work and holidays. I had the opportunity to go fishing relatively cheap, $350 for two people (my wife and I) for 4 hours. Since I'd have to get up at 5:30a to make it to the dock and push out by 7a, I opt'd to sleep in a little and have breakfast on the beach.

Latest posts

Back