Fishing advice - fall and fronts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay. Water temp is in the 70's, and a front is coming through today (Wednesday). Temps will be down for the next several days - with some wind. There is another front due (dry one) this coming Sunday.

I'm fishing on Bob Sandlin in E. Texas. Not been there, but has decent depth, and several good creeks. One looks to be in the lower lake, nearer the dam (and also near where we will launch).

Supposed to be quite a bit of grass and plenty of boat docks on this lake. Some evidence that shad are supposed to be moving back into the creeks on their fall pattern.

What and how are you going to use/suggest?

Nice to be starting to fish regularly again. Work has slowed, and weather is supposed to be nice (other than might be breezy and/or a 'bluebird' sky.

Tex

Never been to the lake, but if I had to guess, I would fish the grass in the front part of the creeks (small to mid size) that has wind blowing against it. Start with something shallow running up against the mats (spinnerbait, shallow crank, swim jig, fluke). If that didn't work, then I would back off and fish the deeper edge with plastics. I am a believer that if there is grass, there will be fish around it somewhere. If it is normally a shallow fishing lake in the summer, then I would start farther back in the creeks. The lakes I fish, if you don't see bait, there won't be fish there.

This should at least give you something worth looking into.

I'll be fishing Palestine this weekend, so I have those same conditions. I always look for the deepest fish i can in these conditions, if the lake fishes shallow find the thickest cover, they will bury in it. Thats my plan.

Latest posts

Back