fish finders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Nelson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking or a new fish finder. I would like one that has gps duel band water temp and maybe course plotting. What have you tried or are using and I'm looking for feed back on what is good. The biggest bang for my buck. Is it better to have the thru the hull ones or am I gonna have to drill a hole in my boat? I mainly fish bass pike walleye muskie, but would like to go out on the big water n troll for walleye. Thanks for the advice if you post.

I use nothing but Lowrance now but have used Garmin, and Humminbird, In reality I liked them all things to be said for all makes. I'm using a 522c with split screen option GPS and depth finder on the right with a Navionics SD card. My brother just bought a Lowrance Elite 5 and likes it. I hear Humminbird is easier to navigate through the features.

fatrap

One size does not fit all. What boat do you have?????

As far as GPS, all units basically function the same way. Some have the option to add digital mapping.

I have Humminbird sonar/GPS units and Lowrance handheld GPS units.

A thru-hull transducer is one that mounts on the outside of the hull but is installed by drilling a 1"+ hole in the hull bottom.

A shoot-thru tranducer is epoxied inside the hull and is used on thin single layer fiberglass hulls. There is a special transducer made to shoot-thru aluminum hulls ( Alumaducer ).

Latest posts

Back