Fish finder mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon woodbury

Reaction score
I want to add a Hummingbird 858c di to the console and a Hummingbird 998 si to the bow.i replaced the lowrance unit in the console with a 788hd di fish finder.curious to see pics of anyone who hasa z7 with 2 units at the console and what mount they used to mount it.thanks

Jon,

I have both a 998 at the console and a 997 up front mounted on the big 2.25" Ram Mounts.

Here is the info: RAM-D-111U-C

Overall length: 5.0", 2.25" ball, 11"x3" plate, 3.68" base, holds up to 15 lbs.

One thought for you, I find having the SI at the console allows you to search and mark waypoints, then you can pick them up on the front unit and know where they are. I have had SI up front for two years and used it seldom on my 798, mainly looking at boat docks. The 997 has only been out once since I moved it back up there so I am not sure how much I will use it on SI.

There is lots of good info around on mounting the units. A couple of good sources of info are the Humminbird boards on Yahoo and Bass Boat Central.

Good luck.

Most use the RAM mount system for the larger graphs due to the flexibility they have.

There are Z7 installation photos on Bass Boat Central Humminbird forums in the installation threads.

I have a Humminbird 798ci SI on my Tracker console and a Humminbird 1198c SI beside the console.

I also use Side Imaging at the bow a lot more than at the console--that is where I am a majority of the time I am on the boat. I use the SI view all the time except for vertical presentations. The SI view shows the water column and to the sides as far as the SI range setting is. I want the information where I am all the time. I use SI for boat positioning as I am fishing too.

SIoverload1.jpg

Latest posts

Back