First Time Boat Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassnewbie

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2005 Nitro nx750SC boat. Unfortunately the owner lost the manual that came with the boat but thankfully still had the Mercury manual for the motor. My question is should I purchase a owners manual ? It is my first ever boat but I have operated and been around boats since I was a kid. Is it a waste of money or is everything I need online? Just curious as to operating the live well or learning the wiring system for the fish finder. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bought a second hand Nitro from a good friend. He didn't keep anything that came with it at purchase, not even the Merc info. Everything I have learned has been from trolling fishing and boat forums, manufacturers website, etc. Spend some time digging through forum threads and archives. Hands on advice from folks who spend decades on their boats is usually far easier to decipher and trust than even some local boat sales/repair shops. Always amazes me how much great info a guy on a chat board will freely give to a stranger...and then the horrible advice if any, from someone at a shop you are trying to hand your hard earned dollars to. Just joined this forum last week or so, but have pulled SO much good stuff from here long before that. Kudos tot he forum owners/admins.

Latest posts

Back