First ice fishing trip in 15 yrs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I made my first ice fishing trip in 15 years. Haven't had much time this time of year plus we haven't had safe ice very often. Caught many huge bluegills and some bass up to 13 inches. Just as I was pouring a cup of coffee my vintage ice fishing pole shot down the hole never to be seen again. My brother and I just sat there and laughed.

It was good to be back on the ice.

fatrap

Fatrap my son and I went over to Anita Sunday. We fished the back silt pond and never got anything but one group there did pull out a 18 inch bass. We stopped in the front/east silt pond to see how the new bass were doing and my son promptly caught a 13 iinch bass on his first drop into the hole then had a break off on his next drop in the hole. 4 pound test couldn't hold the bass. Must have been one of the first stocked ones. I drilled my hole and had a 13 inch one hit then the same thing happened to me the next one broke off. We caught and released several more 10 to 13 inch bass. So the day wasn't a bust. In the state park so the limit is 15 inch which I tried to explain to the idiot next to us that had three 13 inch bass on the ice next to his hole. At least my son understood the reason for us not keeping any.

The guy was keeping undersized bass? Sheesh.

I think if we can get on Anita this year it may be my salvation for bass fishing. 3 Mile is such a drive and always with the tournaments.

Thanks for the info Ed.

Mike

Latest posts

Back