First fish of 2009!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well Dan and I launched at first light to a COLD 25 degrees today! It was so cold dan's steering froze on the boat!! A few first for us: 1) first fishing trip and CATCHING of 2009!, 2) first below freezing trip we've ever done, and 3) first time our line guides froze up (reelmagic helped some once we cleared the guides of the ice)! I'm sure dan will have more.

Right off the bat, Dan nails a nice 3lb spot on a rattletrap! Sun's up, boat warms up, steering fine off we go. We hit a favorite creek and I get a nice 2+lb Spot on a shad crankbait. That was all before 9am, then ZIP-ZERO-Nada! We tried a few other spots and different depths, but no takers.

GREAT way to start 2009, we both got nice keeper bass, fished on New years day, and great fellowship with a good friend!

Eli and I will be back out on Saturday for his first trip of the year!

Trep

2009 January first bass mike.JPG

2009 January first bass dan.JPG

We use fireline on most setups for below frezing conditions. And, those are nice looking fish... I'm jealous.

Also, glad to see the lifejacket on at all times in cold weather.

Happy New Year!

Good job Michael & Dan! Those are good lookin' 'Toona bass, but I believe they may be heads instead of spots. (Note seperated dorsal fins and jaw line past eye.) Either way it's a great way to start off the new year. Congrats!! :D

Nice Fish Trep,

Here is my fiirst fish of the year. Jan 01 2009 at 4:30. 22 1/4 inches 5lbs

I hope the rest of the year is this good.:D:D:D

ATT00004.jpg

ATT00010.jpg

Mark

Nice fish! I am not that brave to go in the cold.

Hey, nice fish. Glad I went yesterday afternoon when it was in the 60's! Supposed to be 70 tomorrow, so I may have to get after em' again;)

JP

I tried fishin' yesturday but, my lure kept bouncing off the ice:lol:

Great fish Jaws, NICE!!!

JP - We gotta get you up here or me down there in 2009 to fish. We really should do a GA NTOWS get together, you, me, Dan N, Dan J, Rich....!!

Trep

Sounds great!!! We just have to find some place with a ramp open......oh, AND some water!!! :lol: Seriously, it would be nice to see y'all again and meet some new friends. :)

Trep,

Sounds good to me Id love to fish in GA time permitting. The big boy came out of a small lake., maybe 30 acres. Best time of year to fish. They are all better than average this time of year.

Mark

Latest posts

Back