First baitcaster

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew Dennis

Reaction score
Bought my first baitcaster last night! My fishing buddy has been harassing me for a year about my use of only spincast reels. Thats what I had grown up using, but I had tried in the past to use others but got tired of birdsnesting every other cast! Well I stopped by bass pro to get more Penzoil synthetic and figured what the heck. The manager of the rod/reel section turned me on to the browning combo that is/was on sale till tomorrow and showed me how to set it up PROPERLY! got home spooled it up with 12lb trilene mono and started practicing. HOLY COW! 10 mins later and I am casting across the front yard with nearly the accuracy of my spinning rigs!

TO end my rant, I am impressed with the manager of that section taking the time to discuss the options and differences, not to mention taking the time to show me how to set it up correctly!

That my friend is called "Customer Service". I am glad you hooked up with a good guy at Bass Pro. It is sad that good customer service has become an unusual occurence.:(

I usually get pretty good customer service there, although the credit card and vacation pushers at the front door cheese me off alot. Wish I had gotten this guys name, he was really great and a super nice guy. There was a lady there too from the mens wear dept. that was chatting with them giving them an update on lake lanier she had just gotten from a friend who was scouting for a big tourney there today. Too bad it was a bad report! Lanier stinks right now being almost 12' down from full pool :-(

I am impressed with the rod/reel combo too! rod has a great action to it! cant wait to get it on the water. Probably be next weekend though..too many honey doo's this weekend. Plus it will give me time to install my new humminbird 797si that I am going to get today! WOOHOO!

nice unit..i want to get one for next year....

you should get the name of the guy and let the store manager know...that goes a long way!

I love those Browning combo's....I have a few myself!!;) EXCELLENT product for the $$.

ddennis, what model browning did you get, the midas? I got a Rick Clunn as my first baitcaster about a year ago and like you, fell in love with that type of reel. I still have a couple spinning reels for situations like worm fishing and casting into strong wind but I love the baitcaster.kenny

Latest posts

Back