fatrap

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I went to Scheels in Omaha to look at sideviewing depth finders yesterday and ended up coming home with a DPMS LR 308 and a JP trigger. It's all a blurr. I think I like my old depthfinders anyway. With that in my rodlocker I will feel real safe. Now for a scope anyone know of one that will double as a side scanner???

fatrap

PS I know I'm a gun ^^hore.:)

Yeah, with me it's fishing tackle. Lots of fishing tackle. My wife was donating to a silent auction and she asked me to put a rod/reel/baits together for it. I couldn't do it. I tried but I broke out in a cold sweat, got the shakes and felt faint when I tried. I ended up putting together a wal-mart bad with some plastics. When I gave it to her I got the "stink-eye":lol::lol:

TOXIC

So Tox, when you got the stink eye ... you took the bag back ... ? :lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol:

Good call ... once again proving that husbands really aren't as dumb as wives think.

And FATRAP, upgrade to C-4 and you wn't need a side imaging scanner, just a swimming pool scoop.

You know Marty if the local Army/Navy has some C-4 I'd be all over that. Tox I can't donate tackle. You never know when you'll need that exact rod and reel then you'll just have to buy it all over again at a higher price. Your actually saving money by keeping your current $hit. Had a friend ask me why I had four double sided crank boxes full of

"Flicker Shads" last Sunday. I mean duh!! They come in a dozen different colors, two sizes, and you buy just one of each because you'll never ever loose one right. Gawd what area some guys thinking??:cool:

fatrap

DPMS LR 308 is one of the better reels...accurate casting out to 1000 yards!

HNGD! (Happy New Gun Day)

Yeah well let's see if we can pull Greg Meyer outta the woodwork, I think he had 500 Walleye crankbaits....or was it 500 of one color? Anyway let's just say I have over 50 (never be exact) rods and reels in differing states of use, NIB, client equipment, crappie gear, striper gear, etc. That doesn't count the antique or "retired" ones. I have 200lbs of plastic easy and probably 20 mongo size spools of line in 20 different weights/types. I have more SPRO frogs than I would even like to count. With a new sponsor I have taken on (a rep company) now I get Reel Magic, Koppers, Culprit, Hildebrandt, Yakima, Slab Daddy (Wally Marshal) who Mac does the artwork for, Quantum, Burris and a few others I can't remember.....it's a sickness I tell ya!!

Reminds me, I have to put all of it away before the wife really catches on to what is down there.

TOXIC

Tox I am having a garage sale next Saturday and have over 70 rod and reel combos in it. I am keeping my 16 favorites!!!!!!!! When I put them all together my wife almost fainted!!!!

Randy!

I have a self winding fly reelOreno magic and a spinning reel inside a big bulb Whirlaway from my grandfather plus his naked mermaid lure collection

fatrap

I would never admit it but with approx 250-400 crankbaits in each B&B box there are four boxes... hmmmm Then there is the reasoning.... 4 baits on a trolling spread... plus 2 spares... Buy them in sets of six... I know over the winter I bought about 90 new cranks that have not even been opened... have to swap hooks on some/most and then get them into the right box... sorted by brand, model size then color...

By the way, if you really do have lots of cranks to store the B&B boxes are a good (not great, just good) solution... In the boat I use Plano boxes for what I have selected for the day.... 966 and 967 can usually hold 2-4 baits per slot.... See link below I modify mine slightly by putting a thin (1/4") piece of styrofoam in the bottom of eack compartment (keeps the hooks from getting under the dividers).
http://www.bbbaitbox.com/

Fatrap,

Do you have any pictures yet? I really like the LR-308 platform.

All the best,

Glenn

Randy,

You ought to post up in the swap and sell here before you put them in the gypsy sale!! A lot of members I'm sure could use them.

TOXIC

Thought about that but there are 5 clubs locally that have asked me to have the sale so the guys could come by. I have actually had 6 guys from work come by and buy rods and reels already. On has actually caught a 32 inch walley from the grand kankakee river near work here on it the night he bought his set up from me.

I will post if I have any left. I am known as a fishing clepto!!!!!!!

Randy

I'll get some up. Like yours though. I'm waiting for the garage to stay warm enough to spray my Duracoat.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back