fall fishing michigan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
I have been bass fishing for past cpl years in michigan. I really love fishing, but having difficulty with fall fishing as what to use and where to find fish (meaning depth). I usually fish inland lakes and during the summer use wacky rig and do very well. Any suggestions to help me get on the fish?? thanks

I dont know what kind of water your fishing Mark or what your fishing for but here's the tricks I've used bass fishing in your area, in open water i keep 3 rods ready to go, the first 3 or 4 casts i make will be with a bone colored super spook, make the same cast every time, i then pick up a 5inch storm swimbait pulling it exactly where you pulled the spook, if you don't get bit move on but if one bites and misses have a black 6 inch Yum dinger to throw exactly where you missed that fish, if u cant get bit like that i usually keep the same tactic but down size to a Gun fish and a Super Fluke, be sure to rig the fluke on a swivel, you should also have luck trailing your topwater with a big spinnerbait. On the smaller rivers up there we went from laydown to laydown flipping brush hogs in them and throwing spinnerbaits on the open areas in between, I've always caught alot of pickerel that way as well as bass. On the big lakes, trust your electronics, find a school and fish em.

Good advice from t-row, let's see if we can pull Mac or Mini out of the woodwork to give up some pointers. We fish St Clair in the spring and when we're not pitching beds with Tubes, Yamamoto Senko's, or Yamamoto twin tailed hula grubs, we are in more open water throwing SPRO Little John crankbaits or SPRO Aruku Shads. Jerkbaits and topwater walk-the-dog stye baits also do well. In 10 years, we've never had a bad trip!! I know Mac fishes the inland stuff a lot. Mini is a big water hound.

find the bait and you will find the fish. in the fall the fish group up pretty good and being in the right spot at the right time makes all the difference. you canbe as little as 10 yard off and not catch anything, but be on top of them and you can load the boat.

think spring too....fish tend to move back to the shallows in the afternoon to search for food. typically in the same areas that they spawn.

Latest posts

Back