Explorer owners unite!

• Thread starter Rich Stern [URL]http://www.dontrentfromuhaul.com/[
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
If you own a Ford Explorer, you might be interested to know that you can no longer rent a U-Haul trailer to tow behind your vehicle.

The linke below is a protest site against U-Haul's new corporate policy. Please sign up if you are affected by this insanity.
http://www.dontrentfromuhaul.com/

Send a protest letter to U-Haul....and a Thank you letter to the trial lawyers all over the country who continue to file these retarded lawsuits all in the name of MONEY!!!

You know darn well they're rarely concerned about "safety",..all they care about is "profit" from out of court settlements against the companies they sue.

It's out of control!!

Heck,..everyone on this bd. knows I'm a GM guy all the way, but nobody can make me believe an Explorer can't tow a U-Haul trailer,..that's just BS in my book!!! Ridiculous!!

Did it!! That's discrimination. I've seen Geo's with u-hauls on them. This better not be a scam to get e-mail addresses....

TOXIC

It was on the news last night also. Because of the amount of lawsuits by Explorer owners (mostly related to the Firestone tire debacle), U-Haul made this decision. Seems there was a major lawsuit whereby some college students who were moving had an accident in an Explorer (towing a U-Haul), and sued everyone involved.

This has prompted many more to involve U-Haul when someone else goes to court.

Funny thing is that Mercury Mountaineer (which I use to tow with), is not excluded. Just the Explorer.

Tex

They won't rent to Jeep Wrangler's either. I tried to find out why and could never get an answer, other that safety measures...

Rich D

Actually, it makes PERFECT sense. Those trailers all say (the ones I've seen anyway) not to go over 45 mph. Now, THAT is absurd.

TOX, it's no scam. I'm the publisher of that site. It's a genuine consumer protest campaign.

You guys should rent from Penske anyway.

I don't have an explorer now but I had one as my last vehicle. It didn't tow very well with a big trailer. It needed bigger shocks and some other hardware. I would be more than happy to sign this, but do I need to be a owner?

If the U-Haul Franchisees would make sure that their equipment is better maintained.....

I just signed up. I won't rent from U-Haul if that's the type of policy they've got. And twice I've pulled one of their smaller trailer to help a friend bring back MG Migets he wanted to restore behind my Cherokee - once from 100 miles southwest of St. Louis and once all the way from St. Louis to Indianapolis and back.

You blew it, U-Haul.

me!, you are right. U-Haul equipment is notoriously poorly maintained.

BJ, you don't need to be an owner to sign the list.

Latest posts

Back