Excel Mono

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Usually in 6lb and 8lb flavor. I find it to be strong and relatively limp. I'll buy other brands on sale, but if I'm at BPS and need 6 to 8lb line, it will be Excel. Very good overall performance.

I used to use it quite a bit. It's thicker than many of the mono lines out there but it's super strong to get through the slop if you need to. I used to spool up a baitcaster with 12 lb test and use that line to get me through lilly pads for worms or jigs.

Occasionally, I would go with 20 lb test with a heavy jig for super heavy cover in the Florida Everglades.

That stuff is super super super tough.

Julio

I use Excel on just about everything i put mono on. Like Julio said its very tough and i like the way it handles a lot. Its very good line at a very good price.

I love that stuff.......pretty stretchy, but strong as @#@#!!!.......I use it a LOT on spinning reels!!

WAY too strechy for me. Like fishing with rubber bands. Cant feel a thing.

Mini, you're just tooooooo used to that braid!!:lol::lol: I use it and like it although I now have some rods spooled with braid. I ani't stupid....Michigan always teaches me something new every year!!

TOXIC

You will learn even more next year :)

Latest posts

Back