Engine Alarm Beeper

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teds_V18

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2008 Tracker Tournament V18 with a 90hp ELPTO. I know that the low oil alarm works fine....we stopped by the lake when bringing it home after we bought it and the low oil alarm sounded, although it still had enough oil in the oil tank to not be a concern. I filled the oil tank when I got the boat home and it hasn't sounded since.

My question though....the beeper does not sound when I first turn the key on. Most all boats I have been in beeps when you first turn the key on as a self test. Is this something to be concerned about?

Some do some don't, not ALL boats (Mercury motors) will sound an alarm at key on. Post your serial # and I'll post it for Don Weed, he can verify if it does or not. But if alarm sounded for low oil, I wouldn't be concerned about it not sounding at key on.

Thanks AirForce. I actually pulled it over to the marine dealer this morning (about 40 miles) where I bought the boat to have them check it out. They ended up calling Mercury and was told that this motor does not have the key on beeper. They said that they were actually told that from 2007 on they changed the warning system and it no longer includes the key on self test beeper.

I will get my serial # tomorrow off the motor and post it just to be safe. Thanks again for the response.

I saw your video Charles.....clever indeed...!

My serial number for my motor is 1B583657. Supposedly is a 2008 model.

Hopefully later today I'll have the expert opinion on your concern and date of manufacture of motor. Info I have now is

CURRENT ENGINE SELECTED:
MAKE: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -MERCURY
TYPE/HP:- - - - - - - - - - - - - 90
Serial Number/Range: - - - 1B583657
Model Number: - - - - - - - - 1090412FY

Mercury OEM Service Manual
PART NUMBER SELECTED----830234R04
Supercedes to (or Latest) Part Number----830234R04
Part Class 90
Quanity 1
Description SM O/B 75-125 2S
Price Each $ 84.95

and the reply I got

Manufactured 2/22/2008.

No warning module- so no "test beep". It does provide a solid-tone in the even of LOW OIL or OVERHEAT.
wink.gif

Thanks a bunch...! I appreciate the info. It really eases my mind knowing that the motor is operating correctly.

Latest posts

Back