Electronics Install - Tracker V-18 Targa Combo

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boater633

Reaction score
Might as well. Swapping out my "old" units for "new" ones. So, you "tie" a string around your old transducer wire so that when you pull it out, you can pull the new wire in. Unfortunately there will most likely be a wire tie (or 10?) to deal with. If there's not your good to go. If there is you need access to the wire tie(s) which will require taking the boat apart or making a hole (my route). Even if you are willing to cut the plug on your old fishfinder to pull it out you could not pull the new wire in for the same reason (wire tie(s) my string broke trying to pull it back out). You'll most likely need an inspection scope for this procedure also. So since we have an inspection scope you could fish the new wire though. Anything is possible but I don't think likely. Snowing again today :cool: so I color matched the fishfinder covers to the boat. I'll also include the front swap as soon as the snow melts. That's it so far.

Attachments

• boat24.JPG
    boat24.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 637
  • covers.JPG
    covers.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Nice!
If you ever plan on running another transducer, i would go ahead and run a second string through at the same time so one will be left and ready for the next one. I like to use one of the metal wires that they use here to tie up the bailed cardboard with. Cheap, flexible and no one gets mad when you get one hung in the boat and break it off or cut it off. Not so, with the Maintenance guys when I got the wire fish tape caught... both times! :(

HA yep, did that once on my trailer. I have 4 different types of fish tapes, each with a different type of point/hook/wrap attachment. I also use a telescoping hand wand with a ball end hook. But most of what I've done is just do a close inspection and you'll usually find an access going from one area to another, now finding a straight line or hanging on some internal wrap is definitely possible. but wrapping electrical tape to make it one tapered pull is the best way to go so there's NOTHING for it to hang on. Myself, I'd do it with a good strong cord pull string OR the flexible wire (get it at Lowes/Home Depot type stores as it won't generally break unless you bend it back and forth several times. Pull 2 strings/wires - why, so you can leave ONE of them behind for the next time you want to run something, use the other to do the current task.

You ever notice: on the boats that you don;t run the second string on you always have to end up running a second cable, yet the ones you run a second string on never need anything again... or is that just me? o_O

Oh I finally got smart after a LOT of wiring jobs (mostly my own stuff) that if I DON'T, I'd regret it. Didn't take long before this dumb country boy wised up and started leaving something behind to pull OR just pull another set of wires (or 2) for future visions of grandeur :D (some might call it fairies dancing in my head) o_O :)

Steve, keep us posted with pics. If you can make them bigger that would sure help my diabetes/aged eyes ;) to say at least 800x600

I will definitely be running extra string. Plans for a kicker motor this year with trollmaster and whatever (different thread). The pics are small on my screen also but I can click on them to enlarge them. Soon as the snow melts

Last edited:
Open your pictures with Paint, resize the pictures then saveas the original but add 01 or 02 to the original picture. Then you will have both pictures in your file. Paint should be under Programs, Accessories. Just make sure you add something to the resized picture title.

Latest posts

Back