Dual Vs Single Console

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
Looking for the pros and cons of single vs dual console boats. I have a dual console right now and have a chance to buy a new single console and looking for some feedback. Mostly fish by myself and my wife liked the extra room for her to lay out with the single console. (I know, but it is a trade off for me to have boat)

Kinda wished I had gone center console since I fish a lot by myself. I have a single side console now.

I would like a center console, but afraid I might get mixed up on Port and Starboard. You know, like who is the "Give Way".

I've had both and prefer the dual. Used to be you got a longer rod locker on the port side if you got a single console but not anymore.. TX guys like singles because it gives them more room to fight and land a fish with no obstructions. If you have a wife, children or a regular fishing partner, dual is a little more protection for them. I buy the deal not the boat so whichever I got the best deal on would be the one I buy.

I've had both and prefer the dual console. As does my wife and daughter. Never had problem with the second console being in the way. The single console I did have was a good deal and I would probably jump at a good price again on a single console if I were in the market. Several manufactures have removable passenger consoles, so that could be an option.

Fish a lot in nasty weather with a partner...dual.

Mostly fair weather fishing or fishing alone...single.

I have a dual and it doesn't seem to be in the way and gives my fishing partner more protection from the elements and the glove box holds some good things like glasses, maps, sun protection, etc.. It's all preference to what you like and not what someone else may like, so please yourself. :D

For fishing, I like center console. It makes getting around the sides of the boat to fish far easier than other types of boats. Center console boats are fishing only type boats in my opinion, so if you're looking for something that has dual purpose or more, it may not be the best choice.

Without that second console us walleye guys would not have a place to put the second catalytic heater in January and February...lol. We even use full camper tops if we can when we troll (for fish..you perverts...lol). Oh yeah you guys like Tox and Carlos get out your bibs and parkas at 50 degrees.... We are still wearing t-shirts and shorts...

First thing I noticed after I switched from a tiller open layout was how much room I lost to consoles, windshield and a barricaded splashwell. I want to get there in my walkthrough and then by magic it would convert to a tiller.... Every boat choice involves a trade-off/compromise. Make a list of negatives and positives then make a priority list.

Without that second console us walleye guys would not have a place to put the second catalytic heater in January and February...lol. We even use full camper tops if we can when we troll (for fish..you perverts...lol). Oh yeah you guys like Tox and Carlos get out your bibs and parkas at 50 degrees.... We are still wearing t-shirts and shorts...

First thing I noticed after I switched from a tiller open layout was how much room I lost to consoles, windshield and a barricaded splashwell. I want to get there in my walkthrough and then by magic it would convert to a tiller.... Every boat choice involves a trade-off/compromise. Make a list of negatives and positives then make a priority list.

Damn, I love me some Walleye. Growing up in Ohio, we used to go north a bit to the lakes and fish for walleye... holy smokes was that some amazing tasting fish! Now I'm hungry! Thanks @Greg Meyer

Just had walleye for dinner... not fresh caught... but at $8 for all you can eat w/potato, salad and rolls, very good.

Just had walleye for dinner... not fresh caught... but at $8 for all you can eat w/potato, salad and rolls, very good.

Please tell me you like in the Atlanta metro area and you'll share your restaurant location. :)

Life isn't fair.... No crappie for you two weeks!!!

Did somebody say Crappie? My favorite time of the year. The Potomac is giving up good size right now. Out of all of these, only 1 was a female.
Can't wait for the big girls to move up!!
10114.jpg

Did somebody say Crappie? My favorite time of the year. The Potomac is giving up good size right now. Out of all of these, only 1 was a female.
Can't wait for the big girls to move up!! View attachment 371

Holy Crappie! Some of them have some fat bellies! Somebody get me a cast iron skillet and a little olive oil and let me go to town!

Sorry, at my house, its a secret egg batter and a dip in the turkey fryer filled with peanut oil. I got 5lbs of fillets off that batch and I have a couple of frozen bags as well. Almost enough for a fish fry!!

Latest posts

Back