Don't touch that dial.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Well,...I told you I'd make an announcement when the time was right, so here it is!! FINALLY!!

Action Performance and Scales and Tales have signed a 3yr deal with OLN!! They (OLN) are going to animate up to 9 of my characters and use them during their weekend fishing programs starting in May, 2005. We are having a conference call tomorrow to go over some of the program's specifics, etc,...but this is what we've been working so hard for, for the past several months....a major media outlet for national exposure!! I'll be able to say more as things get finalized, but we'll all be able to see "Scales and Tales" finally come to life this May on OLN.....so don't touch that dial!! (They'll probably be used primarily for lead-in's and short narration's at first,...to introduce the upcoming shows etc..etc...but as they gain exposure and hopefully become more popular over time,...they could very possibly end up with their own 1/2hr show,...but we'll start small and go from there!!)

Anyway,..thought you'd like to know!!

Stay tuned,...and carry on!!

Mac

thats awesome!!!!!!!!! i'll start watching now.... can't wait

GET ER" DONE !!!!!!!

Awsome Mac!!!

It's a shame my @#%$ cable company got rid of OLN for another $#&% shopping channel.

I'll have to hunt up some bootleg copies somewhere.LOL

Steve

Dats COOL dude. I hope they let choose voices... The MOVIE can't be far off. Congrats

BF

Great news Mac. Been wondering where you've been. Do you get to do the voices? or are they gonna audition for them? I do a great Porky Pig. Ba da Ba da thats all folks!

fatrap

Cool beans! When my dish plans fell through, I called the cable company and added the OLN channel! Kismet!

Have some J&C and fire up a stogie! You deserve it!

Rich D

Congrats Mac....you definitely earned it!!

Bob G.

Time is on your side Mac !!

Last week in the morning I watched one of those shows on ESPN.They have their new logo brown and white bass (I think ?)fish and wondered what and then why? I would much rather see your guys up there. They must have missed the boat!

That's beautiful news Mac . But never a surprise.

Mark

Congrats Mac - I'd like to help on the voice overs LOL Carlos has been teaching me a real mean Rosie

That is just downright cool.... My congrats... Just think, I'll be able to look at my grandkids and say... "I knew him when he was a mere mortal..."

HEY NOW HAHAHAAHAHAHA

You came by that naturally there Mr Bill HAHAHAHAHAHA

Carlos

I figured you were up to something, you hadn't been here in a while. Well congrats. and I cant wait to see them on TV.

Donnie

While I was thinking about voices, I also got to thinking about themes? Redneck vs yankee's..hip hop or rap, 50's,60's,70's NY vs TX... For that matter let Fish Fishburn do them all just to pee on Disney..

BF

That's my Mac Daddy! S-W-E-E-T! I can say "I knew him when".....we peed off the side of the boat together. :)

Mac, that is fantastic my friend! Can't wait to see my son's reaction -- he walks around the house all day with his "Scales n Tales" picture frame - no joke, he loves it!

As for me, it will just keep me watchin OLN - my favorite channel on TV!

david

Thanks folks,..I'll keep everyone posted as things happen!!

Teri,...you're absolutley priceless..LMAO!!! Luv'ya Darlin'!!

Mac
mac&teri.JPG

Great deal Mac. Glad to see things keep moving upwards. It sounds like you are just about to the point of needing someone to negotiate those high-dollar deals for you. That's what I do if you need someone.

Good going and keep it up!!

Mac Daddy!! SWEET!!! I'm puting my custom Rod handles in dry storage till I can sell them for retirement $$!!! LOL

Eli will be SO STOKED!!! He LOVES S&T!!

Teri - "we peed off the side of the boat together"????

Congratulations Mac. It's nice to see someones dreams coming true.

Very nice. Now the question. Does OLN still have fishing shows??? Used to be I could find fishing shows all the time there, now hard to keep abreast.

Nothing but best wishes and successful promotions of your work.

Tex

Fantastic news buddy!! I am switching today to Direct TV (from dishnet w/o OLN) and now I can say I have a very good reason for the change! I'm (we're) proud of you and sure hope you remember us "little people" when you're looking out your penthouse window!! (LOL!!) Keep at it. You've got a lot of folks and their respect behind you every step of the way.

Good things really do happen to good people!!!!

Great news Mac!

ESPN missed the boat, so to speak...

Those wall-mounted talking rubber fish are trash!!!

az

Too sweet Mac! Can't wait to see S & T come to life! Congrats Big Dog.

BTW, Kat says she's very happy for you, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I agree.

Craig

Thanks everyone,.....really appreciate the comments!! I'll keep you all in the loop as things progress......

Andy Z,...I agree...pretty lame!! (They had their chance!!)

Carry on,..

Mac

That's awesome, Mac! Congratulations - it's nice to see all your hard work paying off. I can't wait to see your work on OLN.

TJ

Congrats big dog.

That great news was the final straw, my two (2) rods with the original art work done by none other than the Famous MAC will now hang on the wall. At least until my wife beats me with them, then I will put them away some place else. Great news, ride the wave and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back