Differences in 929 model years

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J H2

Reaction score
Hello all!

Previous Nitro owner here, and thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2002 929 with 225 opti. My question is, what are the differences in the layout / design of the boat during its production years? Is there anything I'll miss by getting an '02 instead of say, an 07'? Are the hulls the same? I like the idea of a big bulky 929 sitting in the driveway, but I want to do my research :D

Thanks!

John

I used to have a 2003 901 and from what I could tell of the 9 series boats I don't think there were any differences really at all of the different model years. great fishing platforms and layouts. I really like the 9 series Nitros.

Most of te changes were the livewell "tubs", battery placement, vacuum relief for hole shot and I am pretty sure the stringer system changed in a few of the early model years.

My tournament partner has a 929....love fishing from that boat!

I have a 2006 929 with a 250 Optimax pro XS and love it! It's a lot of boat though and took me a year of tournament fishing to get used to it coming from a 17 foot Nitro TF. Any questions or pics of anything just hit me up: [email protected]

PTDC0026.JPG

http://www.flbasstournaments.com

I had a 2000 929 and it did everything I ever asked, handled rough water very well and was a workhorse. I fished tournaments and guided out of it. Never left me stranded.

I do have to ask if it has black colored gel on the running surface?