Cutting a Slot in my rod locker.

• Thread starter Charles Huffstutler
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about cutting a 1/8" X 2" slot in the very front of my rod locker on my 2013 Z6 to store my golden rule. It will slide through the front and rest on the brace under the lid. Anyone see a reason why I should not do this? I just don"t want to mess something up.

I have made a few brackets that people use after they cut their slots. It does work. Many use a piece of soft rubber with a slot to grip the ruler when you slide it in so it does not slide out when driving

Just call me a chicken but I NEVER cut any holes in my boat that absolutely don't have to be there. I've seen holes cut for additional guages crack and travel. Not often but my boat would be the unlucky one that did it. An innocent looking area that couldn't have any stress on it may have. Why give Mr Murphy a chance to come on board.

fatrap

I mounted a rapala tournament ruler on the under side of port side rod locker right next to my bait bars.works great and no holes in my new boat

Latest posts

Back