Current Viewing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
What is Robot? Is that allowing outside search engines to key in on search words?
Just caught my eye today.

cq

No, its bots from search engines collecting data. Have you ever used google to search for an article about something, boat, charger, etc and you find a forum thread where they talk about that item you were searching for? That kind of stuff, but there's also bots from say spammers that search for people who are NOT careful and post their personal info (especially email addresses) which then goes to spammer systems which then flood your email boxes with crap. There ya go. I managed pontoon boat forum for years. Some forum software will allow you to block countries from accessing the forums. I didn't have that software, so I had to use IP blocking. Some bots you want (helps with rankings), others you don't. Even bloggers will steal posts to post as content on their blogs to make it look like it was their idea (in which some members come up with wonderful ideas on this and that). I just recently retired from managing a forum as I have to get my affairs in order. My christmas present from VA of sorts. Kidneys failing, more heart troubles, neck veins and "the spot" in my neck. Can't inject me with dye as it will kill me, (kidneys) and can't do an MRI because of my pace maker. So looking like 2014 (just about to hit 65) is most likely my last year. So got a taker for my new tracker and my pontoon boat. Trying to pay off the bills and wife's handicap van before its too late. Had been given 7 to 10 years possible on my last heart surgery in 2011. BUT, that's life so gonna do my fishing when I can before I give up the boats.

But don't worry about having your email address in your profile, a spammer has to join to be able to look at your profile. I use stopforumspam API on the forums I had managed, so it checks against spammers IP, email and profiles they created and has been reported to block them from joining. Works very well. http://www.stopforumspam.com/

Thanks for the info, I just noticed that the one area shows viewers - members, guest and robots. Normally I sign in and that area is not visible, unless I have missed that area also. I have a very good virus protection and having my social security on a lap top that was stolen in DC a number of years ago, I am careful.
I remember my father, when his first heart valve replacement was complete, doctors said maybe 5 years. Well we had to replace the first set of valves after 11 years and as usual, the warranty had just run out on the first. We had another 15 or so years, at hunt camp, worms in the bottom of a bottle and loads of laughs.
Prayers to you always.

cq

Latest posts

Back