Cranking Battery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To go on what motor?? and how much electronics is also being placed on it??? Be sure to look at the dates on the battery and take you a digital voltage meter with you. If it isn't 12.6 volts at least, leave it alone. Don't get a battery more than 4 months old, get one with lots of RC (reserve capacity). Myself, I don't/won't spend money on optima batteries when a wet cell lasts just as long and twice/3 times cheaper.

90 mercury 2 stroke/lowrance hd7i/trolling motor runs off different battery

I can only speak of my experience. I bought a 1000 Mca Battery from West Marine and it last from March 2010 until this Feb. 2014. Never any problems until it died this year. Now I am using a Optima 1000 Mca battery from Sam's ,around $170 as i remember. The West Marine battery was $119 back in 2010. West Marine has since moved out of my area. So far so good on the Optima. My buddy has had very good service from the Optima's he bought, that's why I went with that brand this time.
Brantley

I have Everstarts from Wally World...... But, I also use this http://www.thermoil.com/ Sort of thought this stuff was snake oil. But, my previous starting battery lasted 7 years!!! One trolling battery is 5 years old and the other is just two.... The Therm Oil works for me.... YMMV

Latest posts

Back