Cooooold Tonight !!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Carlson

Reaction score
It's supposed to be around 33 degrees by morning. I'm sure I'll hear no sympathy as it gets colder in most other states, but this is central FL. People around here get frostbite at 45 degrees! Pretty bad when you need to consider winterizing in this neck of the woods.

Quit yer whining!!! LOL

The windchill index here is about 6 degrees right now....so cold out your nose hairs freeze up as soon as you step out the door!!!

Winter SUCKS!!!

BTW Even though that smallie action is GREAT up there Ken, you are CRAZY to stay there. 3 days of summer does not a climate make HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lucky for you, those 3 days came while you and Tox were here!!!

Think of it this way.....if every day were a sunny day, then where would the joy of a sunny day be???

Iam in Philly tonight cant wait to get back home in KY where it is a little warmer.

Donnie

It's because of the cold that Ken and the rest of the MVM has such great fishing. Them fishies only got 3 months to reproduce and eat!!LOL!!

TOXIC

That's got me thinking....how old is one of our 5lb smallies compared to a Dale Hollow or Pickwick 5lb smallie?

Too lazy to research it right now.

SoCo and MVM rules!!!!!!

13 degrees and dropping. Suppose to go below zero tonight.

Ye Ha means ice up and tip-ups will be coming out soon.

Supposed to drop down to 3 degrees tonight.

I have read that it takes 3 to 5 growing seasons for a smallie to reach 12 inches. Based on that, I would think that it would take the better part of 10 years to reach 5 pounds.

Bob G.

Suppose to be in high 20's in Jax in the am.. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

-5 Below Zero this morning. Suppose to hit a high of 23.

Time to go check the ice.

23 degree's here in HotLanta this morning!!!! Only gonna be 45 for the high, DEFINETLY too cold to go fishing! So i'm heading to Tampa at lunch for 3 days of business, unfortunetly no fishing!! Maybe on Sunday if it his the upper 40's i'll go striper fishing!!

I was stationed in North Dakota in the late 70's. I am orignally from Louisiana. One Christmas eve it got down to minus 60 degrees with the wind chill. When people talk about being cold here in Louisiana, I just laugh. Those people live up there and enjoy it.

Barry

According to an articles published by a fisheries biologist a 5 pound smallmouth in northern waters would be about 15 to 18 years old . A guy in our club caught a smallmouth in Canada which weighted in over 7 pounds I believe . The fish died on him so he gave it to some local biologists they told him that the fish was around 23 years old in fact it was so old that it was infertile . What was nice is that they had skin mount made for him when they were done with the fish at their cost . I believe it is still the largest smallmouth taken form that area of Canada

Cold here in Charlotte also (similar to Atlanta). However, most of the moisture is being blocked by the mountains (Appliachan's), so that's nice.

Better than 2 years ago when we had a big ice storm in the middle of December. Man, what a mess.

Tex

Latest posts

Back