Cold Weather

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Morning guys! woke up to 21* here in South Louisiana. People are complaining about how cold it is. I just laugh to myself and remember the time I was stationed in North Dakota. Those people live up there and survive. It's all up to what you use to, but some people just like to complain. Keep warm and stay safe out there.
Barry from La. :)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 149
I'll add to the complain part, 55 yesterday then it drops to 6 this morning wind chill -15. First time ever I've had to bring the dog in. Staying in the garage is new to him but he's ok with it, it'll get warm enough on Wed to let him back out to stay. My younger days in the military, I could handle it, froze, but I survived with the gear they gave us.

slight heat wave here in SE Wisconsin..currently up to -13, wind chill -39, tonight should be coldest night before slow warmup, tonight predicted -19 but I'm not believing it

we've had mild winters for a while, so it was time I guess. Normally this cold stuff doesn't hit us until Feb, then gone by March/April rains, fishing by Mar/April if it isn't blowing hard. This past year has been a LOT of hard winds. In Louisiana I don't mind it in the marshes, but in TN/AL, nope, don't want it for my style of fishing there. Anchor and fish live bait/worms on bottom

Sunday it was 5 degrees for a high. My brother and I cut and hauled a cord of firewood.
fatrap

slight heat wave here in SE Wisconsin..currently up to -13, wind chill -39, tonight should be coldest night before slow warmup, tonight predicted -19 but I'm not believing it

Have I asked before.... where are you in SE Wisconsin.... I fish Winneconne/Winnebago area, Lake Geneva and Delavan...live in Elgin, IL

Greg,
South side of Milwaukee, couple miles west of Mitchel Airport. Our summer home is 14 miles north of Wisconsin Dells in Adams County (Hwys 82 & Z) on the Wisconsin River (6 miles south of the Castle Rock Lake). I pretty much just fish the river now, with an occasional trip to Jordan Lake or Lake Redstone in Sauk County. The river is always good for LM, lots of smallies/walleyes/northern/cats. Below the CR dam you can also find muskie, white bass, sturgeon, huge cats. No real need to go elsewhere to fish anymore for me..LOL.. Since retirement, I usually spent 4-5 months of the year up there April thru October, coming home usually when the grass in Milw needs cutting!. Wife has weekend visitation with me & our pup during the summer (she still works in Milw)..LOL

Greg,
South side of Milwaukee, couple miles west of Mitchel Airport. Our summer home is 14 miles north of Wisconsin Dells in Adams County (Hwys 82 & Z) on the Wisconsin River (6 miles south of the Castle Rock Lake). I pretty much just fish the river now, with an occasional trip to Jordan Lake or Lake Redstone in Sauk County. The river is always good for LM, lots of smallies/walleyes/northern/cats. Below the CR dam you can also find muskie, white bass, sturgeon, huge cats. No real need to go elsewhere to fish anymore for me..LOL.. Since retirement, I usually spent 4-5 months of the year up there April thru October, coming home usually when the grass in Milw needs cutting!. Wife has weekend visitation with me & our pup during the summer (she still works in Milw)..LOL

Do you ever fish Petenwell? The old FLW League and Tour liked to startr their season trhere most years.

no, when I had my Targa I used to frequent Castle Rock, but never went up to Pete. Now that I've scaled back to my jon boat I won't risk the wild water rides that Castle can whip up out of nowhere. My physical disabilities made solo launching/recovering the Targa too much for me so I downscaled.
HPIM0285.JPG

HPIM0287.JPG
HPIM0288.JPG

Cool setup.... I still have my 19' Targa and a 16' Jon. I have always had a Jon Boat since I was a kid. I lived on the Mississippi River (could look at it from my bedroom window). I have had the Targa since 2001 (bought it used) and it is capable of big water, Bay De Noc, etc. Maybe we can have a little get together in July when Hammer (Toxic) comes up to Wisconsin. He and I have been fishing together for quite a few years now. Some years we chase bass and some years we fish for walleyes. I even got him out on Green Bay a few years back.

It's VIRGINIA!!:) I'd be game!! You know me, if it'll float a boat, I'll fish it!! Cold? We've had our share this year!! I'm hoping St Clair is ice out when we go up in May!!:p

jan22.jpg

I'm sure ain't looking forward to my trip to VA hospital tomorrow, wind gusts to 35mph when temps are 24 and falling to 8. It'll making loading/unloading the wheelchair miserable as that takes like 15 minutes so that's an hour tomorrow right there just for the chair burrrrrr

Latest posts

Back