cleaning

• Thread starter klayton amspacher
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the best cleaner to use daily on my nitro? I notice guys spraying stuff on their boats at the ramp. It is tidal water. I usually use a wet shamwow and then a drying towel.

A bunch of people use BassBoat Saver. Great product but it does not take the place of waxing. You need a GOOD coat of wax on all surfaces EXCEPT the pad! DO NOT WAX THE PAD, it will slow you down.

Yup. BassBoat Saver is my quick everyday wipe down until I find time to do a full wax with Collinite (http://www.collinite.com/marine-wax/).

Wash boat and use some Lucas Oil Speed Wax. Stuff cleans boat as well and leaves a hellava smooth coating--like butter...

NJD

I use BBS inbetween waxes. Going to try the Collinite fiberglass cleaner then follow up with their fleet wax. It is used a lot by the bluewater salt fishermen. I have a BLACK boat it will cook wax off in a week. I am trying to heal my arm up from the St Clair trip though and any waxing will have to wait until I can put pressure on it.

blah blah blah....."St.Clair trip"...blah blah blah. Tox, I saw that your "friends" on BBC still bust your b*lls when you mention how sore your arms are from yanking toads in Michigan!! :eek: :D

Yes they do but St Clair just aggravated it. You know it was bad when after our trip and a weekend tournament, Mini was going to an ortho!! I popped the tendon trying to rub the old glue from the registration numbers off the boat. St Clair just made it 10 times worse.

Just ribbing ya Tox!! I check out the Potomac section every now and then to see what you and Carlos are up to. If I was closer, I'd join youse guys for sure.

Are you serious about your arm Tox? I have over the past couple of months contracted a Tennis Elbow tight problem, torn tendons basically from casting!!

I hate getting older it sucks, now it's winter here so I fish a little less and put Anti Inflamatory Cream on in 4 times a day.

Now, back to cleaning, I love Meguiers Flagship as well, have just started using "Hot Sauce" in between waxing but the jury's still out. I can't get BBS here and brought back the hot sauce on my recent trip to the US.

Thommo, if you want the BBS I think I can get it to you.....18 years of guiding and fishing never messed my arm up as bad as it is now. Like I said, I didn't injure it fishing, I did it rubbing the old glue off the boat pressing with my fingertips. I've been sore, had back pain, etc; but never messed up anything so bad that I couldn't fish. I had whiplash from getting rear ended in a car accident and I did try to hit the water too soon but that was to be expected. Had back problems until I took the butt seat out of my boat and then over the years, my back got built up enough now that it doesn't bother me either way. It's funny how I get clients who think that they are "hard core" fishermen and after 5 hours in the boat are perched on the "Bill Dance" seat in the back or are just sitting in the passenger seat "taking a break". Try doing that for 5 or 6 days in a row and you'll know what tired means. Point is that everyone's perception that fishing is "easy", isn't always right. As a matter of fact I think I'll do an article on it. :p

Latest posts

Back