Cleaning Up The Nitro 700 Lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Brown

Reaction score
I stored my boat with a boat cover and a tarp over it. After taking them off I found I had a black grime on the boat anywhere the cover contacted it. I have tried several different cleaners and nothing touches it. I have removed a little bit with a green scrub pad but it scratches the clear coat. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks, Jeffrey

I stored my boat with a boat cover and a tarp over it. After taking them off I found I had a black grime on the boat anywhere the cover contacted it. I have tried several different cleaners and nothing touches it. I have removed a little bit with a green scrub pad but it scratches the clear coat. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks, Jeffrey

You might try the white sponge from Mr Clean It is very soft and doesn't scratch and magically removes smoges. You can lightly buff the clear coat with mild rubbing compound or swirl remover if the finish is dull.

You might try the white sponge from Mr Clean It is very soft and doesn't scratch and magically removes smoges. You can lightly buff the clear coat with mild rubbing compound or swirl remover if the finish is dull.
Thanks for the advice, I tried the mr clean sponge and no luck. I am actually having to wet sand the upper rail and then use a rubbing compound and wax. It's a lot, but the result and great. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back