cleaning help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike mantha

Reaction score
The seat in my new boat (new to me) need a good cleaning.I'll need to use something strong but dont want to kill the seats either. I Was thinking on maybe using Simple Green or some thing along those lines. Any advise? Maybe some other Ideas? thanks

try using a little soft scrub on a soft brush on a small section of the seat to see how the seat will react. If it goes ok thats the cleaner to use. I had an old boat and it worked great...

Whatever you use, stay away from Armorall, you'll never keep you but on the seat! Plus NEVER use it on a motorcycle seat. Not that I've done it! I've heard!

Rob - Forget the seat, DO NOT use Armoral on the SIDEWALLS of your motorcycle! Not that i've done it either!

What's wrong with ArmorAll? I've never heard that its bad for stuff before. Granted, it does make the seats kinda slickery and stuff, but that only makes the ride across a choppy lake that much more fun.

Seriously, can the stuff damage the vinyl?

MO

It will take the UV inhibitors off the Marine grade vinyl.

DO NOT USE Armorall on Marine Vinyls.

Oops. Too late. Now what?

(I mean, not that I've done it, but what would you do IF you used Armorall?)

MO,

You're SCREWED...call Craig at 248-333-0997 to order yourself new seats....they will rot right down to the metal in no time at all.

Tell him I said to give you a 2% sympathy discount.

Are you being serious? Isn't there ANYTHING I can do before going that route? I keep the boat in the garage when I'm not out fishing (it does help to take the boat with you when you ARE fishing, right?), and I put the cover on it when it's on a trip but not being used. The only time the seats are exposed to UV is when we're on the water.

MO,

Mac's here and we're both ROTFLOBHO!!!

The seats won't rot, and yes, it generally is a good idea to take the boat fishing with you!!!

I am serious about the UV though...clean the seats with a good marine cleaner...3M is good and Starbrite makes some good products...get the Armorall off there, and NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!!

The ONLY household cleaner, (other than organics like Simple Green or that Orange stuff on TV) that is safe to use is Fantastik.

And always always always after cleaning your vinyl with ANY cleaner, follow it up with a clean water rinse.

If you wish to use protectant, again use marine products; 3M, Starbrite, etc.

Feel better now?!?!?

THANK YOU, O MASTER OF THE BOAT WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm breathing again. Thanks alot.)

I only used the Armorall once. We slipped and slid all around the &%$#@! boat seats in our rain suits. Never again if only for that reason.

I'll see Mac on Saturday at BPS, and I'll pick up some marine cleaner.

MO

By the way, do any of you have a hook remover? I seem to have something stuck in my windpipe. **** Hack, Hack ****

MO...

NEVER NEVER NEVER wear rain suits in your boat...the materials that the rain-suits are made from will intercomingle with the natural chemical polymorphonic abilities of the UV inhibitors to properly protect your boat.

Besides, when rain water interacts with the skins molecular structure it produces an enzyme which works as a vinyl protector AND fish-in-rut attractant.

Mac says as long as the treble hooks went down bend-first, you're good to go...let nature take it's course...it's when they go down pointy-end first that the exit can become quite an ordeal.(at least that's what Mini told us)

another good cleaner is"greased lighting". they have it at any true value store. stan

Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that during that episode Ken, you and Mac had tipped a couple of C&L's!

Rob...we had several shortly afterwards...the anticipation was making us giddy!!!

Yes...Boys and girls...That is why you should never "swallow" any fish stories you read here...See the tragic end of MoFish...If only he had read the warning label on that carnkbait and followed all of the safety guidelines published by The Federal Trade Commission Consumer Products Safety Commission for the proper handling of fishing equipment...
http://www.nsbass.com

Here I sit

all broken hearted

Tried to spit

but only started

Coughing, hacking

choking, crying

Now faith I'm lacking

though I'm trying

Ken and Mac

Done hooked me good

This thing in back

Sure ain't no food

Tho' it may pass

I hope it will

Its stuck in back

Just like a pill

My pride is hurt

my name is shamed

I point at Ken

though I'm to blame

I took it whole

hook, line and lead

So I'll just sit

and shake my head

Forgot to tell ya....Lead chas been known to cause cancer in the state of California...good thing you don't live there!!!

No, but I'm GOING there tomorrow morning!!!!

NOW YOU TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!

Where'd you read that, Ken??? Never seen that warning before!! ;)

NitroMike:

That'll be a $5 cover charge for the entertainment. You can pay Ken, cuz he's poor and it's all his fault.

MO

Okay, I'm outta here. Gotta go get recertified in CPR.

Sure hope I can do those respirations with this rusting hook in my throat! Or maybe they'll just end up practicing on me instead of one of those OTHER dummies.

It's been a blast boys. Have a great evening.

MO

Latest posts

Back