Charlies bad dream

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie -

Man, I really feel for you..... What a nightmare.

But it was Dusty Rhoades who put you there, not Tracker.

Sandy was quite correct when she said that you needed to carry on through Dusty Rhoades. I can certainly understand how you would be hesitant to go back to them, but sometimes that is the only realistic solution. If Rhoades did shoddy workmanship or made false promises, you can't expect another dealer or Tracker to make good on them.

You may also have had some unrealistic expectations..... There are some things about boats - such as the readings put out by the trim and water pressure guages - that we must accept as just not being as accurate as we expect in something such as our cars.....

I'm sorry, Charlie, but this situation appears to have become complicated beyond anyone's ability to set right.

And, I am also sorry to say, from my point of view, you bear some responsibility for not working through Dusty Rhoades to set things right from the beginning.

me

I disagree Scott. Any dealership can do warranty work on that brand's boat. If one dealership doesn't treat him right, then go to another one. Tracker MADE the boat, not the dealership.

Not a pretty story, Charlie.

One of the problems that you encounter sometimes, in going to anther dealer is that they have no knowledge/history of the boat, it's actual shape, what it looked like when delivered, etc. You can't always rely on the original dealer to be ethical in his reporting on the dealer/mfg system. I have found that out myself.

Some of these same situations/stories are the same ones reported for automobiles. Doesn't make the situation any better, but it is - what it is.

Charlie - hope that you get it worked out, one way or another.

Tex

Charlie,

I agree with Mike Snow, this is all warranty work that can be done by a Dealer, "any TRACKER Dealer" and does not have to be sent back to the factory. Keep looking for one and your chronlogy of events should be sent to TRACKER and given to the Dealer that will do the work. It seems like the Service Department has kids working there for $5 an hour.

I know that TRACKER will let the Dealer do the Warranty work, if he can and the charges are sent to TRACKER by the dealer for reimbursement.

Keep plugging away until you are satisfied.

looks like a little of both to me. part of having a boat does involve little things like live well pumps getting clogged and cosmetic issues and such. sounds like he bought a damaged boat at a discount price and his dealer didn't quite come through for him. several of the issues are not trackers but the gas tank and the livewell sound like they are trackers. somebody needs to address each item on the list and assign some responsibility. some of these are simple fixes and for whatever reason, have not been done to charlies expectations. i think a lot of dealers in the auto and boat industry just want the sale of a new car or boat and then do the minimal they can on service. it is frustrating when you have problems.

jd

Who are the professionals in this mess???? Tracker Marine and Dusty Rhoades. A sorry showing by both of them. Regardless of what Charlie did or didn't do, he didn't deserve to be treated like this. I believe Tracker Marine is ultimately responsible for how their customers are treated, whether by Tracker Marine, BPS, or a Tracker dealer. This excuse of Tracker "blaming" it on a bad dealer doesn't get it.

I do agree with Scott. In my opinion it's gone beyond anyone's ability to set it straight. I would either get a lawyer or get another brand of boat.

That is the longest story I've seen on this board and one of the worst about a dealer and a boat. If I was new to Tracker/Nitro and I just started on this site, hmmmm! what would I do ????.I hope they fix everything for you Charlie but i'ts not looking good.

my 2 cents...

I do believe that Tracker will honor any warrenty on the boat. And any reputable dealer will assist you with it.

However, and this is a big however, it appears to me from the initial post that the dealer somehow "bought" the boat, and then resold it, making it somewhat a "used" boat.

In that case, some things may change, it will be up to the dealer to make those things right. The part(s) about the carpet, the bad job on installing the second console, etc... would not be trackers fault, that appears to be bad workmanship on the part of the dealer.

The Livewell, gas tank, etc.. certainly sound to be things that tracker will take care of (and have?).

Charlie:

It sounds as if you burnt your bridges with the original dealer, and tracker is doing all it can for you. Keep working it, and also realize that sometimes buying a "scratch and dent" model is not the way to go to save a few bucks.

In all cases, getting promises in writing can make all the difference in the world.

To clarify my position.....

Yes, the dealer did purchase the boat from Tracker, but this doesn't make it a "used" boat. Being a dealer, instead of a title, they get a "Manufacturer's Statement of Origin" (MSO) which is sent to the state when the vehicle is purchased by the original owner. The state then produces an original title.

After reading Charlie's post this morning, I felt that there were several issues with the boat that may have been misrepresented to Charlie by the dealer. Issues which may have been represented as "Tracker Warranty" but may have actually been the responsibility of Dusty Rhoades. The only way that these could have been satisfactorily resolved is to have Dusty Rhoades hash it out with Tracker.....

Dusty Rhoades may have "fixed" some items that didn't need fixing - like the gauges. Could it be that they were simply the typically inaccurate readings that we all get from our boats? Could they have not been replaced and yet represented to Tracker as having done so to be paid for work that was never actually performed?

Tracker may very well have paid Dusty Rhoades to fix the warrantiable items. If so, and Dusty did improper repairs, Tracker has absolutely no obligation to pay for them a second time. If Charlie had continued to work with Tracker and Dusty Rhoades, Tracker could have used their influence to see that the items were taken care of properly.

I'm sorry, guys, but I just call them the way I see them..... And I don't see this one as Tracker's fault.

me

got to go but need to respond to a few.

seems like some folks have selected reading skills.

the boat was new.

the livewell falling out is the service fault

the selling dealer is about 200 miles from me.

Just my opinion the selling dealer and first service did in fact falsified repairs like the carpet that he got paid by tracker then only installed only half and possibly never touched the gages because the work now after BPS did do that. The other work they did was all bad.

got to go see ya soon though

Charlie

Sorry I gotta weight in here. Charlie I hope you find this useful.

Having worked my entire life in a service capacity I can assure you warranty work is reimbursed by the manufacture, no matter where the product was purchased. Under most circumstances the repaired item is paid only once per serial number unless special arrangements have been made. Any reputable manufacture that distributes product and/or services through a network of dealers sets forth an agreement of guidelines, rules, acceptable services levels, etc. that prospective dealers must agree to before and during the course of being authorized. The dealer is an authorized arm of the manufacture and therefore shares in the responsibility of customer satisfaction. How that may legally pertain to you in Texas is a matter that you

Wildwood,

Thanks, for everybody, an excellent set of steps to take and follow...

Greg

Too tired to read this all now, but I will when I get time and respond then.

I do not blame BPS for anything except poor service on several issues.

I do not blame much on the selling dealer except getting PO at me and that's ok too I did go to TRACKER after their service was very very poor. I will not go there again and shouldn't have to. The name on the boat says TRACKER about 30 times!!

I hold TRACKER responsible for taking care of their boat owners!

They built a boat that left the factory with several things wrong with it.

I did not want a new boat, now I do want a new boat............ I want a G3 !!

I do think that when after all the other stuff and then the fuel tank they should have taken the $5M loss and replaced it and made sure it was a good boat. And a happy customer.

There is no lemon law in Texas and I can fish so I gave up after Sandy told me there is nothing we will do for you except keep fixing it ... :) isn't she sweet

remember 90 days in the shop? how much do you fish?

New gages, new pumps, new fuel tank, new welds, new paint, some new carpet and many other fixed items what else could I ask for, I have a born again boat like restoring an old boat.

Please don't take this wrong but I may not be rich but I am not stupid so I am not asking for direction, advice or pity I have posted my story because I was asked what my gripe was and at this point it is service.

I have given up.

After ALL the crap this boat has been through they should have not led me on for months thinking that they just might make good on there product by (and she asked me if I wanted a new boat and I said I will pay the difference) replacing it and apologies for all I have gone through. "we will do nothing for you" (go back to the dealer 200 miles that hates you and hope they have hired a qualified tech to do service)

I did walk the boat with the service manager each time I dropped it off, but that didn't help get things fixed right.

I also know how the service system works.

I am not looking to sue anyone I JUST PLAIN GIVE UP F THEM ALL !

Some day I will save enough to take the big loss on this no resale value boat and buy a G3

Did I mention that I now have a leak in the hull now?

Wow maybe they can patch the hull when they reattach the livewell. wow now I will have patches LOL

I guess my bottom line is I don't think Tracker makes a good quality boat and the price isn't that cheap. Like I stated before the quality of the components they use are the bottom of the line, yes maybe name brand but the cheapest they can get.

Did anyone get the recall notice for igniton kits?

Charlie

It too PO's me to see that you've had a rash of what amounts to as poor customer service. I agree with you that there are a number of (more than what we'd like to be normal) service problems. But, had you been treated right by the original dealer from the get go the frustration wouldn

WW,

Thanks for that list. That list can be applied to most anything that is customer service related. I have printed that one out and will keep it handy.

Semper Fi

Carlos

i don't think it is charlies fault but at this point i don't think the boat could be repaired that would satisfy him as it sounds like he will always dislike his boat. boats in general are not a good "investment" as far as holding their value so it is hard to get out of one even if it is in perfect condition. i had a car which i had to take back to the dealer 13 times on the same problem and certainly understand the frustration and bitterness that charlie feels. don't give up and either work it out or go get that G3 or whatever that makes you happy. i wouldn't wish your situation on anyone.

jd

Charlie, sorry to read all of this. Why is it that nobody has anything good to say about Dusty Rhodes Marine?

Anybody at Tracker reading? Time to fire that dealer!

Charlie, I would persist if I were you, with getting any and all repairs needed under warranty. It will come down to one of two things: Eventually, somebody who cares will fix the boat right, or, Tracker will come to their senses and realize how much time and money it costs to endlessly fix the same problems over and over again.

Be firm and polite. Proceed methodically. Write everything down.

Latest posts

Back