Changes in Life - Probable Boat for Sale.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.....

I'm not sure where to begin this..... Or how..... Or what to say or include..... But I feel like I must tell you about what's happening..... It's so strange that, through this media we call the internet, all of you have come to be as much Friends to me as anyone I see on a face-to-face basis..... I know your personalities as well as I know any of them - and I hope that you have come to know mine.....

Many of you will remember that I "came out" on this board a couple of years ago as a "transgendered" person. For those of you who don't, you may wish to see "An Open Letter To All - by Staci, 10/14/2000 11:10 CT".

I lived for about six months as "Staci"; things weren't to work out and I went back to working and living as a male as a salesman in the trucking industry. All the time, wishing that there were some way that I could just be "me!" That industry has been hit hard in the depression we are in and I have had to make two job changes; a third has been inevitable for some time now.

Many, many resumes have gone out with hardly a nibble - until, at a friend's suggestion, I applied to a company she works for - a company that already had several transgendered people working for them. I got a job in telephone, in-bound call, sales as a woman.....

An absolute minimum base hourly wage is paid while I'm in training and then base plus commissions after. The way my financial life has been, I have nothing to fall back on - so the boat will likely go so that I can get through the next 3 months. I will be moving in with a friend to help cut costs.

I don't know what the asking price of the boat will be quite yet..... I haven't brought myself to finding out what the pay-off is.....

You ever see the poster of Garfield sliding down a wall leaving deep gouges behind him? The caption reads "Everything I ever let go of had claw marks!"

It breaks my heart, but Tigger may also need a new home..... There may well be allergies at my new residence..... So..... If you know someone who would give the world's friendliest siamese cat a home.....

I have no idea whether I will continue to be around this board.....

I don't know much of anything right now..... Except that I will finally be comfortable in my own skin..... And that I will always be just

me!

God Bless Everyone!

Dang Scott..hate to hear that! Man I don't know what I 'd do if I had to sale mine...guess I'd go back to bank fishin'. Hope everthing works out for ya'....and as far as not being around this site...borrow someones computer and post. Best wishes...

TEE

Scott, I would like to think I am one of the most open-minded people you'll find. I can't say I understand what everyone does in their lifetime (including myself) but it's what is inside that matters. So sorry you have to sell your boat. It sounds like at a time like this in your life you really need things you enjoy the most, like fishing. I hope things work out for you.

Best wishes Scott. Don't be a stranger to the board, or to yourself. Hope everything works out for you.

Scott,

Just keep believing everything will work out in the end and it will. Good luck buddy! Make sure you stick around the board! Huh, I guess those hormones don't do nothing for hair...Good thing for wigs! LOL

Rich D

Do what you gotta do man. Sorry to hear about the boat though.

Scott,

Truly one of the good people I've run into. Even if we didn't get to fish on Rend last weekend. You should have seen the waves out there!

Best wishes to you, regardless of your endeavors. Hope that you are able to 'kibitz' along the way, even if you have to sell your rig. Been in that situation of money shortage myself before, and had to bid my first Tracker, goodbye.

If you get down in the Charlotte area, I've got a seat open for you in my boat anytime.

Tex

I don't know about the rest of the board but here's how I feel.

Scott or Staci, pants or a dress, boat or no boat, I don't care either way. You have always been an important part of this board. You have the biggest heart in the world and I will always consider you a friend. You are always welcome here.

I've said before 100 times; Life to dam short to be miserable. If being a chick makes you happy, then more power to you. YOU GO GIRL!!

Marke

Scott - As I said in my email, we don't care what you look like, what you sound like, what you drive (boat or car/truck) as LONG AS you're not ROB!!! LOL

You do what you need to do for yourself, and we're here in any capacity that you need us!

And as always there is a PC 175 with a SLAMMIN 40 Merc hanging off the back just WAITING to take you out!!

Scott

I wish you the best in whatever life throws your way. I hope you will stay around this forum and continue to participate. You are one of the people who make this forum the great forum that it is, it just wouldnt be the same without you here. Be well and if you are ever in the Boston area you are welcome on my boat anytime.

Scott, I don't know ya' would like to! well respected on this board, GOD has the answer! just ask and give him time! i admire your courage! the other kenny

You are the only one who knows what is right for you. Have the patience to make the right decision and have the courage to follow it.

TOXIC

I was trying to think of words or a sentence to write and as I was thinking of what to say, I come to Tox's post. I totally agree with Tox. Have the courage to stay the course and damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!!!!

Carlos

There are many more important things in life than your boat. Take care of personal business 1st......just don't let my wife know I said that................sa

Scott. If you have to sell the boat.Change your name,Live is to short to go through it not happy ,but don't for a moment think about just abandoning all your friends on this board who would truely be hurt by your non-presence on this board.I for one.I learned a long time ago good friends are hard to find. Don't even think of taking that away from use.

There are enough people here with boats to keep you fishing.Keep the things in live that make you truely happy. Keep the resume's going out there. Things could be turning around here. Scott I only know you the person and your a good one at that,I don't know you by gender.

Good luck .The best things in live are free any how.Like friends.

You know how We feel about the whole deal. You will always be a special friend. Whether it be Scott or Staci doesn't matter to me.

You do what you need to do for you, and don't worry about the rest of us. Sometimes you just have to take a few steps back and collect yourself.

You know you will always have me/us to come back to when you are ready. You just take care of your self and get happy.

Email us or call us anytime you need to, or want to talk. We will always have time for you.

Hang in there..

John, Stacey and Susan

Scott/Staci - You're always welcome in my boat! Hope things turn out for the best. Whatever you choose in life, keep that wonderfully, thoughtful soul apparent for all to see. Keep your chin up and remember; you have a lot of friends.

sorry to hear about your situation. the economy and job situation is hurting a lot of folks right now. like any storm, it will pass. stay connected to this board as you have a lot of good friends here.

jd

What ever you do, dont leave all your friends here, your post are some of the ones that crack me up (ROB, Toxic). Sorry to hear about how the economy is hurting you right now and I wish it and you a fast recovery and luck in all your endevers (SP). I dont know ya personally but if you are ever cicny way and Im off let me know I can put you on some dinks anyway.

I don't know what to say..... I never expected responses like this.....

I guess it's time for a name/alias change.... "me!" pretty well says it all..... Mark Gross summed it up - the personality is the same regardless of gender.....

In particular, I want to say thanks to you, Rob..... I know that this flies in the face of all you believe in..... I know that our personalities have clashed..... The tolerance in your thought means a lot to me!

So, Marke..... Do I stand a chance of getting a date with your mother? :^)

Tox and Carlos..... I don't know nuthin' about courage..... But, when the time comes that I need it, I'll think of you!

Rich D - not only do hormones not do anything for hair, they don't do anything for the voice, either..... Maybe I can find a way to carry a jug of helium!

Tee, Teri, Sam, Tex, Cecil, Trep, Jim B, Kenny, SA, Dan J, Jimmy D, Dink..... Thank you all so very much! I don't have any idea in the world where life is taking me..... I guess I'm just gonna hang on for the ride..... I'm gonna try to keep my eyes open..... And I'm going to try to enjoy it.....

And I haven't disappeared from this board yet..........

God Bless Everyone!

me!

Well Scott/Staci/Me, Jugs, helium, I have a suggestion for a couple of places, but I won't go there... Plus after a long conversation, you would be back to Scott!

Rich D

Oh man! That was as bad as Teri's "mini" comment to Mini!

ROTFLMJNO!!!

Rich D

Hey Scott,

Sorry to hear about your job situation. Whatever you choose to do in your life, remember where your friends are...right here on the board. Also remember if you leave the board, there won't be anyone to sing to us! When life gives you lemons....make lemonaide! I know you're just like Tigger....you'll land on your feet. Best of luck in your new endeavor....you deserve it.

Carli

My friend, these days life just doesn't seem to give easy breaks to anyone.

I am so sorry to hear that you may have to give up the boat, and even more sorry to hear that you may have to find a new home for Tigger. If it weren't for the fact that the missuz is allergic to furry creatures, I'd jump at it in a heartbeat! (My mom and dad let us have three Siamese cats at different times when I was younger.)

MO

Mark - My thanks..... For all that you've added to my life and all the acceptance you have given! God Bless You!

Carli, you always bring a song to my heart - as off-key as I may be! LOL!

Mike, I've had many conversations about how much the personalities on this board have ment to me over the last 3 or so years..... I just wish I knew what was going to happen next...........

Scott,Staci,Me, all the same big hearted and helpful and downright nice person. Sorry I jumped into this thread late, but I want to wish you all the best things in life, and in all you do. As so many have said before me, if the boat has to go, fine, any time you want to hook into some channel cats, or crappie, bass, etc... you got an open seat on my boat...Please no matter what happens, don't be a stranger here, as I think you're finding out, you have alot of friends and supporters here. My best wishes to you! egMike

Hey "Me"...

You know what I have to say... I am now and always your friend... And, am there for whatever you may need if I can give it or make it happen...

Greg, the day I forgot about the lanyard I knew you were a true Friend!

egMike, Thank you!

me!

Hey, if we were going to hold anything against you... It would be that you brought Amanda into our lives... We forgave you that... You could get away with a Lizzie Borden axe murder episode; if you can get away with the "Amanda" episode! Oh yeah, excellent opportunity to enter a 12 step former glass boat owners society and come back from the dark side!!! See, all glass is fleeting; only aluminum endures!!! (bet you couldn't figure out how we were going to get the tin vs. glass thing into this thread... well HA! to you)

Just remember Scott all things happen for a reason. It's up to you to choose the path to go down when opportunity knocks. Good Luck Keep your ears and eyes open listen for that knock.

Do what works for you! Hope you don't have to lose the boat. We will always be here to support you. Don't leave the board. Who would we have to tell us to keep our photos in a certain size range?

david.......

Well Scott, since everyone's being all nice and stuff, I'll go ahead and say it.

Mind you, this is the first I'd heard of any of this, and this was the first thing I read this morning. Let me sum it (the gender thing) up in three words... holy sh(beep)t Batman! I'm simply shocked. I'm not saying anything mean, simply admitting that I'm shocked.... that's a lot to lay on a guy in one quick burst.

Staci,

Congratulations on the new job and going back to being you!

It's been a long time coming but I am going to go out on a limb here and come out to everyone here on the board. (drum roll).... I am a Pontoon boat owner, it's a Sun Tracker Bass Buggy! Ok, it's out. There, I feel so much better now. :)

Oh wait thats not what we were talking about. On a serious note, I know in my heart that things will work out for you, because you always manage to come out on top.

Beth & I hope you get to keep the boat and Tigger but if not you know that being your self is worth the sacrifice of material things because you can't put a price tag on happiness. Hang in the girl it will all work out!

Your friends,

Cass & Beth

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Scott, Wow! I don't know where to begin to say how sorry I am to hear of your troubles. I know everything seems like a mess right now but let me assure you that things will get better. You have too good of heart to not suceed in life. When I first started on this site, you were the first one I thought of as someone I knew and liked. I was so disappointed when you couldn't make it to Springfield for the Classic. Although we have never met and only communicated directly a few times you are most certianly on my list of friends. If you are ever near the state of Oklahoma I will be offended if you don't call and let me buy your dinner and take you fishing.

Here is something I recite in my head and something that has helped other friends who were going through the tests of life.

On the road that I taken,

one day, walking, I awaken,

amazed to see where I have come,

where I'm going, where I'm from.

This is not the path I thought.

This is not the place I sought.

This is not the dream I bought,

just a fever of fate I've caught.

I'll change highways in a while,

at the crossroads, one more mile.

My path is lit by my own fire.

I'm going only where I desire.

On the road that I have taken,

one day, walking, I awaken.

One day, walking, I awaken,

on the road that I have taken.

-From the Book of Counted Sorrows

Harpo

Do what you gots to do. Life is too short. One of the things I love about this board are the people though I have never and will never meet most of you. The fact that I/we can be here shows that love is blind we don't care that Rob wears pink panties or that Mac wears a noga thong. But we do care that ME is in trouble and there is not a lot we/us can do other than offer our prayers and a spare boat seat. If the boat must go then let it go you can always get another one when you are back on your feet. As I stated life is 2 short I have 2 funerals to attend this week one Friday the Mother of a buddy of mine I have know her for 15 years. The 2nd is the Father of another buddy that I have known for 25 year and he was a real treasure here as he will be in heaven. So before I get off my soap box Tell your family,freinds and whom ever you love, ask the Good Lord to bless us all and tell the world to kiss your ask if need be. But be happy and safe and true to yourself.

Love Bruce

Scott/Staci

SS, don't worry about your boat, first and foremost take care of yourself and by admitting to yourself and others it appears that you have taken care of the biggest issue facing you at this moment in your life.If your family dosen't understand at this very moment give them their space and they will hopefully come around. The one thing that I have always enjoyed about your post Scott is the fact you speak from your heart and don't always care if it is the norm, it's your honest opinion and spoken with no concern if it follows the normal nature of the replies. I have more respect for the person who will speak his mind and not worry if it is always policial correct.So Scott if you ever need a friend to listen, pick up the phone and call. I admire your courage to stand up and be yourself..

Your Friend

Buzz

Scott/Staci

Don't worry about your boat, first and foremost take care of yourself and by admitting to yourself and others it appears that you have taken care of the biggest issue facing you at this moment in your life.If your family dosen't understand at this very moment give them their space and they will hopefully come around. The one thing that I have always enjoyed about your post Scott is the fact you speak from your heart and don't always care if it is the norm, it's your honest opinion and spoken with no concern if it follows the normal nature of the replies. I have more respect for the person who will speak his mind and not worry if it is always policial correct.So Scott if you ever need a friend to listen, pick up the phone and call. I admire your courage to stand up and be yourself..

Your Friend

Buzz

Mike, I'm glad you're shocked! You deserve it! :^)

Harpo, the poem is wonderful! Thanks, I needed that!

Sorry, Cass.... We ostracize pontoon owners! You are Wonderful, my Dear!

Buzz, ever since our very first exchange, I have admired you for your love of people!

Fool, David, Dave, Bruce..... Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

God Bless!

me!

Dear MidWestFish (troll),

How about doing those of us that participate here frequently a favor and not dropping in anymore. Your anonymous response, is not worthy of any type of detailed response.

Tex

Dude, put your real name and number down and we'll talk. You are passing judgement on all people who frequent this board. Is that a real Christian thing to do? If you don't like what you read, stay the hell away from this site.

OK Midwestfish, I happen to agree 100% with Tex's reply "not worthy of any type of detailed response." But I feel compelled to respond anyway, assuming you read this:

First - This board is about more then just Fishing/Boating. It is one of the true places on the 'net where you can discuss and agree/disagree in a friendly environment. If you've realy read this site before then you know that we have ALL kinds of heated arguments from quality of service/product to type of boat to type of vehicle. ME! Is one of the original members of this board and we, on this board, are a big happy EVER growing family, so if ME! Wants to post a personal item that is near/dear to his heart he has every right (as long as it stays in the guidelines Rich Stern has set forth on the "Home" page.

Second - No where in Scott's post did he ask for "all opinions, good or bad, this is as honest as it gets.

", he just informed his "friends" of a personal change in his life. Just as I did when my Brother died 2 years ago, just as Rob did about his heart condition and so on.

Third - You're opinion is just that, yours and we all respect everyone's views around these parts. BUT - Passing judgement in a forum where no one asked your opinion is just RUDE, whether on the Internet or in person.

Forth - This site never proffesed to be "Christian" Site. Heck i'm Jewish and they still let me hang around!! LOL

Fifth - Whos "God" and which "bible"? The old Testement? Which version of the "christian" bible? The Koran? The Teaching of the Hindu? Charlie Manson's view?

Faith is a Belief that each of us carries deep in our hearts, it something can not be FORCED. EVERY major religion I know teached that respect the views and opinions of others.

Sixth - Have you ever taken ANY man-made drugs? Ever gotten a shot to cure or prevent a disease? If so then you my friend are "playing God".

Lastly - If you have strong feelings about this site and the help we provide everyone - Join up and be a productive part of the site. You want to debate religious views and approaches, post a seperate thread and hang of for a wild ride. This is the internet, it reaches literaly all over the world, so don't put your blinders on to YOUR view of life or religion.

Trep - The Wagon driving, Tin Fishing, Jewish Red-Neck from Georgia!!!

Midwestfish -

I can certainly understand and appreciate the value of your comments..... There are many people who feel as you do - including some of the members of this board and some of my closest friends..... I cannot fault you for your beliefs or feeling the way you do. I cannot fault you for experssing them on this board. And, in this case, I will not fault you for posting anonymously.

We all have our beliefs as to what is right and what is wrong..... Some of our beliefs are those of the majority and some are in the minority. Inevitably, some of our beliefs will contradict those of others.

All any of us can do is to make choices based on what we believe is best for us..... And to follow those choices to the best of our abilities as long as we do not cause others to be harmed in any way.

I am not one to participate in organized religion..... I do feel that there must be something out there that is more than just us..... Whether that is a "God" or whatever, I don't know..... I do pray to "God" on a regular basis if for no other reason than it helps me to find a peace within myself..... So, please understand that I am expressing feelings from the very depths of my heart when I say.....

God Bless!

me!

Me,

Well said.

Midwest Fish,

All we are accepting is the choice made by a friend.

Rich D

Though a part of me slightly agrees with midwest, I certainly do NOT agree with a lot of it or the approach he took. I personally have no respect for someone who can sound off, but doens't have the backbone to reveal who they really are. Anyone can spout off from the secrecy of the web. It takes a real man to say how you feel and say "this is who I am". Now to the professed authority on scripture, read your new testament. It is NOT our place to judge but only to love as Christ loved....unconditionally. Did he not take time for the prostitute and treat her like any other disciple? Have you ever sworn or used the lord's name in vain. I bet you have, you are now less a sinner in God's eyes, than Scott, me, a rapist, the serial killers that ran amuck in VA, MD, and Washington. You see my friend, to God, sin is sin, no big, no small, all sin and all the same. So that's why I am reluctant to pass judgement on others less I be judged by the same measure. Do I think it's natural....NO, is it my place to force it on others. NO, if someone asks my opinion, I will give it. I do believe we have some serious issues with the PC movement in America and with far left wing liberals, but remember on judgement day, not only will you be held accountable for the number of souls you saved, but ALSO those you turned away with your brash style. I have learned to curb my extreme right wing, conservative tongue here. This is not the place for it, private e-mail is. But then again, your e-mail is fake, isn't it? I suggest if you want to stick around, you too learn to grow a litle and find a more "Christian" approach than that noted above. And quoting scripture and going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car! That is part of my issue with the church, the hypocracy and those who claim to be Christians but hold themselves accountable by another standard. OK, off the soap box now. Besides, you haven't earned the right to slam Scott like we have! LOL You have to be here long enough to have taken a lot of flack before you authorized to give any!

Rob, you never cease to amaze me! Thank you, Sir, for your kindly attitude and thoghtfulness of others!

Now..... About this slamming stuff..... :^)

"any more than standing in a garage makes you a car!" LOL Good one Rob! I have to remember that one!

Rich D

Rob,

Rich D. said all I could say about what shall be forever one of the best analogies I have ever heard!

Now, Mr. Troll, there is one thing that you have earned here and another you have not... "Me" is a very close personal friend of mine... His life and his choices are not your province to Judge... You do not know the person or factors involved so you have not earned the right to pass judgment. But, your attitude and arrogance has earned you something, my displeasure and disgust. I am not being politically correct when I continue to comfort my friend through life's twists and turns. I am not being "un-christian"; rather I believe quite literally that God's love for his children should be a simple plan for us all to follow. I try and fail and try again and again to justify God's love of me. Quite frankly, I have found myself asking God to make me more loving and less quick to anger, to be more like my friend. My friend who has chosen to be "Me" is one of the most compassionate and caring people I have ever known. So, if I can make a positive difference in my friend's life right now, I have hopefully balanced a little of the scales and set right some of the major wrongs committed by me along the way. I certainly am trying to avoid making more, as best I can.

You sir, are the embodiment of all that is wrong with professed "believers"... casting big stones when you have not fulfilled the "without sin" criteria set out for you to claim such a right. Clean up your own house... Then when God has e-mailed you your irrevocable ride in the chariot straight up... come back and post again. Until then keep your narrow minded petty, arrogant, self-righteous, rantings to yourself or I will find a way to "make my day". Clear? That is a "covenant" between you and me!

Tex, Teri, Trep, Rich, Rob, Greg..... What more can I say than "Thank you all for your Friendship!" and, from the depths of my soul.....

May God Bless!

me!

AND..... All of you..... Let's get this straight: lower-case "m", lower-case "e", BIG Exclamation Point!!

scott/staci/me!.i applaud you for the courage to do what you are doing.that takes courage to show your true feelings.

some people are blind to the ways of the world today.some are just plain ignorant to the way things work today.

i watched a show about transgender people,and i was truely amazed at the things they have to go through for the operation and such.i couldnt believe what they had to go through.truthfully,i my self wouldnt be able to handle it.i applaud you for the courage it takes to go through with this in your life.

midwest,you have some serious problems,such as predujice against people other than what you call the norm.the bible doesnt dictate the way the world works any more.same sex marriages and such are becoming the norm in todays society.there is no way to stop it.so you might as well accept it.if not maybe you should move to afganastan.

i have never met you in person,but with the e-mails and other corospondance we have had over the yrs i would call you a friend no matter what you decide in life.if and when you find the right person,and decide to get married,i would be honored to preform the ceremony since i am an ordained minister.

greg,you have a way with words.

Why, thank you Jeff... I do like to be clear in my written communication.... And, I think I was.

midwestfish, by all means, follow your own beliefs. But don't try to tell us what our beliefs should be, or sit in judgement of what is politically correct or not. How can you conclude whether we are being politically correct or genuine when you don't have the slightest clue what is in our hearts?

You got a lotta chutzpah, pal.

I never knew you were a minister, Jeff! Never had any idea! Wow, I thought you were just like the rest of us! Thanks for "coming out" - you're safe with us, we're your Friends!

:^)

God Bless You, Jeff!

me!

"Chutzpah"?

That one's not in my Websters, Rich.....

Is it banned in the chat room?

OH! "Hoots-bah"! You mean like yiddish for "ballz"!

One final thought.....

I spent the first 50 years of my life "in the closet".....

Afraid to be "different".....

Afraid to "come out".....

Hiding who I was from everyone.....

Even afraid to "come out" to myself.....

Finally..... Somewhere..... I think I found some of that "courage" that TOX and Carlos mentioned..... I had been told that "God wants us to take chances" in some of my Al-Anon meetings.....

What I learned is how Wonderful people can be! How "Safe" Friends can make the world! And, in accepting myself, I really learned how to accept the "differences" in others!

This Internet-thing is such a wonderful media! Look at the way we learn about and from each other! We don't see faces or sizes or colors - we just see into each others souls through our words and thoughts! WOW!!

People make the world such a beautiful place!

God Bless!

me!

Not going off on a rant here because Trep, Magna,Greg,Rob and all the others said it better than I ever could. I must add a few comments here though.

What is wrong with the world today that we have no tolerance for the people who are differant or disagree with our politics, religion, or sense of morality? Are we so insecure in our beliefs that someone who is cut from a differant mold or has had a differant series of events infulence who they become as adults? I read a fortune in a fortune cookie one time that said something I will never forget. It said,"The man who agrees with me satisfies my mind. The man who disagrees with me stimulates my mind". Personally I would rather have my mind stimulated. Or is it fear? Are we afraid that someone who is differant or has a differant point of view will challenge our not so secure ideas of what the world should be? It's so easy to attack with the cross or the flag when someone is not what you think they should be and people who don't make a habit of thinking for themselves say "riighttt that's immoral and unamerican-- let's hangum(or burn their CD's)". Frankly, Midwestfish it's people like you that keep me out of church. I've had way too much of your narrowmindedness to last a lifetime. And I have been able to stay married to the same woman for 25 years and raise two very good kids who have no moral or legal problems at all. And I remind you that's without having to rub elbows with the likes of you.

Your post reminds me of a cartoon I saw several years ago. I was a picture of two dogs sitting at a computer terminal with one dog saying to the other,"On the internet no one knows you're a dog". I lurk on other fishing/boating web sites but this is the only one I post on, because it's the only one that has the heart and family feeling of this one. I suggest that you either join the family and care about every member of it or go back to where nobody cares who you are.

Hey, good thing I didn't go off here, huh?

Harpo

I'll weigh in even. First, I agree what the anonymous poster had to say. I believe those same things. BUT, Scott didn't ask for our sermon on the subject; he came to us for emotional support. I figure his family (from what was written in the letter from Staci) already gave him the religious "what for".

Oh, before I get too deep here, no, I wasn't the anonymous poster. However, I don't see what difference it makes that the person didn't sign his/her name to it. Either anonymous posting is allowed or isn't. It also doesn't make his/her points less "valid".

If we can accept some of these guys driving Rangers and Skeeters, I suppose another nut-job isn't going to kill us :). Yes Scott, you are, in fact, a nut-job. I know, you're shocked :).

As I told Scott in a private message, the guy who came up with "I'm a lesbian stuck in a man's body" was trying to pick up women, not looking for some guy to prove the theory :).

If I thought Scott NEEDED a religious speech, I'd have given him one. However, I'd have given it in private. Scott, do you need a religious speech? :)

I'm no expert on figuring out when voicing my opinion is warranted, but sometimes, negative opinions just aren't welcomed.

Scott/Staci,

Sorry to hear about the pending sale of your boat, but you gotta do what you gotta do and it's not for anyone to judge. I will give you credit for airing it all out on a public forum. Hope you find happiness and continue to be "you" on NTOWS.

Bob G.

Hi Me!

I think that you have it wrong. You should be listing yourself as ME! or at least Me!. Don't sell yourself short (no pun intended) because you are a wonderful person. It takes a lot of courage to go through with what you are, and even more courage to tell all of us. It does open you up to idiots like midwest, but be assured that there are many more that support you for each one that has something negative to say.

You are a valuable asset to the NTOWS board and one of the main reasons that I am there today. The board would be a quiet and lonely place without you. You are always ready to lend a hand, or a hole drill, and are always ready to poke fun at any target.( I am relieved to say that I have yet to be a target, but I know that my day is coming!)

I should have posted this earlier, I just had a bad case of writers block. I knew what I wanted to say, just not how. I have gone through enough in my life to know that what does not break you makes you stronger. I know that you will come through this a stronger person than you could have imagined, although I'm sure that there will be some tough times ahead. The NTOWS board members will be there whenever you need them, so I know that you will make it.

God Bless!

Sue D.

Well, I wanted to reply to "Midwest", but you all have done so, and pretty much covered everything, Greg Meyer, that post you made ,well, all I can say is, WELL SAID!

I will say, Midwest, you certainly have a right to your beliefs and opinions, and I have a right to mine. As I recall, "Me" didn't post here looking for approval or disapproval, or for religious approval, but just for support from some friends, some of which have had the privilege to meet "Me", some, like myself, who have corresponded, exchanged thoughts on the board, and learned some things about the kind hearted, caring, and charitable person "Me" is, without ever meeting in person. No, Midwest, I won't even get into a biblical argument here with you, about tolerance, and caring,because that's not what this site is about. I won't even get into the "golden rule", but maybe you ought to check that one out when you have time. I recognize your right to your beliefs and opinion, as for me, I offer Staci,"Me" my full support and prayers for happiness in life. egMike

egMike

Hey, I signed that post twice, so...... I won't sign this one!! muuuhhaaaaaahhhaaaa

Trep,

On behalf of all true rednecks...(Pssssst, you can usually tells us by the TRUCKS we drive....and the feed/fishin/truck/boat/gun hats we wear...not a "Binks" hat) stop trying to "fit in"... Your "wannabe" attempts just don't make it... You're more Mister Rogers than Charlie Daniels...

Do we have to drag out the picture and have a "survey"... Repeat after me... "I am not a redneck... I will never be a redneck... I am a yuppie"... LOL

(You do know I am only kidding, right? I am kidding, aren't I? Well maybe not... the pictures are there... oh well... wannabes have to be told... its the way things are...)LOL As Telly said... "Who loves ya baby?"

Two things to say.

1. Good luck scott/staci.

2. Shut up and crawl back under your rock midwest.

Mini

The problem as I see it you are kicking someone when they are down. If you call that correct in the eyes of the Lord, I would say you are mistaken.

Mini

Midwestfish -

The people who have responded to your post are very Good People! Not because they have come to my defense, but because they simply are by their very nature.

I have a neighbor who is a devoute Baptist. She and I have had many wonderful discussions about life in general and, in particular, who and what I am..... She once told me that, although it was in her set of beliefs that my situation was "wrong", she also felt that she should "love the sinner while hating the sin."

When I first came out three years ago, another old friend, who is a born again Christian, told me "If you can accept who I am, then I guess I can accept you!"

I guess that what all these people are saying is that they have gotten to know much more about me than simply the gender issue. For some reason or another, they have come to value some of the other aspects of my personality. They have chosen to express their appreciation for those aspects - in spite of aspects they may not agree with.

By the same token, should you decide to stick around, I am sure that you will come to be appreciated for all that you have to contribute to the discussions on this board!

God Bless!

me!

Midwest,

Maybe when the evolutionary process catches up to you you will rise to the next state of consiousness and be able to look at someone different than yourself, someone who does not conform to your narrow definition of "normal" and see into their soul, which is who we truly are regardless of the window dressings. Neither you nor I have the right to judge anyone like them or not. Whether I agree with Staci or not is not the issue. I think I know the person and that my friend is unconditional.

TOXIC

Mike Snow - I'm gonna start a 12-step group for nut-jobs! Wanna be a Charter Member? :^)

I also agree with you on your stand regarding anonymous postings. I know all about being afraid to reveal who you are.....

Thanks, egMike! Thanks, egMike!

Sue, you and I gotta go fishin'! Darn, I wish I had just taken off that extra day last fall when you were in Springfield so we coulda run out to the lake!

Mini..... You are another one who leaves me speachless..... I guess that I sometimes confuse the "macho" image with "lack of tolerance"..... I'm learning from these posts, too..... Thank you, Mini, for your kindness!

(Guess it just goes to show that you can be a good person even if you do drive a Skeeter!)

Rick and Bob G - God Bless!

me!

Greg M - I'm trying buddy! OK if I get my wife to go for a Dodge Ram again instead of a mini-van do I get in the club?? Huh, Huh? LOL

midwestfish - First thank you for clearing up your email and returning to check on your post.

Second - I have on question for you if you would be so kind to answer it - What was/is the purpose of your reply to me!'s post? Plain and simple.

The previous post is my response to Midwest, and my expression of support for Scott. To anyone who is offended by my "preaching" - well....honestly, that's too bad.

Michael -

If I may, I think I may have the answer to that.....

"Transgender" is something that, at best, is very strange to almost everyone. It is not well understood - even by those of us who "are".

Reactions range all the way from "acceptance" to "tolerance" to "confusion" to "revulsion". All are understandable. And, likewise, all must be tolerated.

Midwestfish was expressing his feelings of revulsion. He is entitled to those feelings. As far as expressing them in this forum: He is as entitled to express them as anyone else is entitled to express theirs. He did nothing to harm me - and I don't think he ever did intend to do so. All he did was to express his strong feelings which were not in line with most of those who had posted.

The reactions of others to his post did make it evident to me how safe I was surrounded by Friendships on this board!

me!

Trep,

If your wife gets a Dodge Ram, she is in the club! You have to stay home with the kids! Please the sandwiches/drinks ready in the morning so she can have the boat/truck ready for a day "catching" fish!

Bob G.

Mark -

I am very blessed to have you refer to me as a friend!

I have admired you for your stand on "sins vs. people" ever since we had our phone conversation on the matter last fall. I don't know if you were aware of "me" at the time since we were speaking about Laurie - but you have shown time and time again over the past couple of years that we have been in contact that you are truly a Christian in every meaning of the word!

I have no idea as to whether this will bring me peace.....

God Bless you, Mark!

me!

Mark,

After reading your post I understand why you are thought of so highly by others here and around you. You are at the top of the "good people" list....

me!:

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't deserve it.

See Galatians 2:20

Greg: Ditto what I said to Scott. I am NOT a good person; I am a forgiven person.

me!:

At times I do not respond to things that I dont feel comfortable with. Your case included.

But it also makes me feel uncomfortable that someone would post that about you. You are a good person, be it man or woman I dont care.

As I said before, good luck.

Mini

PS Now next time dont forget to thank me and All Star Graphite Rods for the donation to the rally....lol

Didn't I include you in the list of "Thank you's"?

Sh##. I hope I did.....

Just in case you weren't in there.....

Everyone -

I want to extend a SPECIAL THANKS to MINI and ALL STAR GRAPHITE RODS for their donation to the Rally! For catching the biggets fish, "Xston" was awarded a Titanium Series rod of his choice!

Thanks, Mini!

Scott,

Just got back from up-north mushroom hunting and I've been reading and catching up here, so I'm a little late in replying, but...you knew I'd have something to say!!!

I consider you a selfless, unselfish, type of person who I am proud to call a friend. You have a big heart, and respect and kindness towards others that is very rare.

I think I remember a line from a movie...." HE'S a hot chick with a nice a**!!!"

I hope this brings you the peace and happiness you deserve.

By the way...I wish you would have done this before the Rally...I was gonna bring a bunch of Sandra Dee wigs to the rally and have everyone wear them at dinner, but some of the fella's talked me out of it!!!!!!

I don't know... How could anyone with chicken legs like me! have a nice a$$? LOL!

Rich D

Note to self:

When fishing with Neeley, ALWAYS take the back of the boat!

:^)

me!

Latest posts

Back