carpet cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
I need to clean my carpet, what should I used? What is a good product?, Can I used Tuff Stuff (multi-purpose foam cleaner) or it has to be some kind of marine product?

One cup white vinegar to one gallon water. Rinse your carpet with the water hose, then use a sprayer to apply solution. Let it soak for 10 minutes, then rinse. On stuborn areas use a scrub brush. I generally use the brush on the entire carpet.

Carpet cleaners leave residue that will stay in carpet. When it rains, or your boat gets wet it cleans the dirt from your shoes into your carpet. This solution will not. There isn't much vinegar won't clean.

Bubby:)

Bubby is right. The key if you use anything other than vinegar is to get it out of the carpet. I will use cleaners on spots but do multiple rinses with shop vac removal in between.

Do yourself a favor. After cleaning and carpet is dry, apply Scotchguard protectant( in spray can). You can easily remove most stains including blood if you wipe it up right away. Been using it for years.

Let me tell you what I found when I remove my rods from the boat locker... I found green stuff on my rods and carpet, this has to be fungus or mold cause its smell like humidity... Vinegar will take care of this too? And how can I avid this from happening again?:unsure:

Vinegar kills all. Crack your lids open a bit, get some air movement that will help.

Latest posts

Back