Can't Wait For Spring To Get Here - Lotta Projects To Get Done!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Well its warmed up and melted the snow - how long will it last - who knows? LOTS of rain coming end of the week now so it'll probably flood like crazy around here.

So got several projects to do.

Maintenance on the motor - got the oil, filters, plugs and complete water pump kit/gaskets

Install the hydraulic steering

Mount new 2 gauge bezel on top of the console and wire up trim gauge and trolling motor digital monitor and run the wires for it to the bilge.

Remove the 597ci hd di dual station setup - replace with the humminbird 899ci HD SI and new vertical swing mount (to see from console & bow). Mount the humminbird TS3 switch on the console (switch between bow & transom tranducers). then Y SI splitter for the 2 transom transducers (XNT-9-20 and HDSI puck)

Mount the VHF flush folding locking mount, install 2ft SS pole and mount GPS HS puck on it.

Clean up the boat, prep the gear

GO FISHING MANY TIMES (as many times I can if I can stay out of the hospital LOL)

Say - any of you guys near Hewitt TX?? I know Darrell is about 4hrs away so probably gonna visit him probably on the way to Hewitt since I have a Take a Veteran fishing event in Chattanooga TN (actually Cleveland near there) April 27th so it'll be around the 17th or so I'll be going from Smyrna TN to Hewitt TX and other areas (thinking of Abilene (Dyess AFB if they'll let me on).

I'm headed out on Saturday, supposed to be 67 degrees 0% chance of rain. May be windy, but I'll risk it!

Last night was the first night it wasn't freezing temps and the snow is melting. yea. Hoping it stays this way.

The fish were in 15 to 20 feet water demp. was 46.7. Not any luck today. About another week if we keep the nice weather. I went to t-bird in norman. Several people out but were only catching crappie. The lake was great. Just the right amount of wind and cool this morning but hot by about 2pm. Was still a great day just to get on the water.

Don,
I can't wait to get out Saturday. I figured they would be running deep still. I'm gonna do some trolling, rigged my poles with 3 way swivels so I can get the crank bait down in the zone. I may try some drop shots also.

I did some trolling rigged with Alabama rig and deep divers. They just did not want anything. Good luck Saturday. Let me know how you do.

Freezing temps here the past couple of nights. 7 days until spring. Hoping the snow is gone by then.

I did some trolling rigged with Alabama rig and deep divers. They just did not want anything. Good luck Saturday. Let me know how you do.

Thanks, Ill be sure let you know how it was. I'm hoping for at least some reaction strikes. We shall see!

It will be awhile before getting out, rain, muddy creeks emptying into the lake and fog. If it wasn't so foggy I would drive down to the dams and see how many flood gates are open.

Well no fishing for me today. I really wanted to get out but we have some sustained 20 MPH wind happening with gust up to 35. No fun fishing when the water is white capping, that and I hate trying to hit the trailer when I'm ready to go home.

I believe all the above, is a sign of getting old ;).

Mike

Latest posts

Back