BPS Nitro rod and reel combo

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
Morning all,

Does anyone have any dealing with BPS Nitro rod and reel combo.

Likes / dislikes... Thinking of getting one for Bass heavy weeds and "fish with teeth".

Thanks Guys-- Have a super day.

Rick "May the force be with you":)

I believe someone on this post likes them and has had some success with them, even thinking about getting a second one [?]. Hard to have a nice day when it's raining, but I'll try.

I have 2 of the Reels.......love'em.....you could pull a tank out of a ditch with'em!!

Don't have any of the rods though.....but I think Toxic and Mini do and they both like them...deffinitely a good choice for Pike and Musky!!;)

I think, but am not totally sure, that CIII likes them for Stripers ...

I dont have any of them. They dont make the reel left handed (yet). Toxic loves em.

Where you at MAC????? You dont call anymore.....:(

Workin' my arss off......puttin' mega hours here....2 major deadlines at the end of the month and another one a week later. On Vacation this Fri-all next week....gotta get a bunch of stuff done so I can RELAX when i'm up north next week w/Tox!! Sorry for the lack of communication....I just know I can't golf or fish this week and I haven't been going out to lunch! It sux to be me at the moment!! LOL:(:angry:

Mac

thats funny, toxic owning a rod with the word heavy in it, the finese fisherman himself.

there only one thing heavy about toxic and it aint his rod or reel.:rolleyes:

mike c

Actually, I have 2 of the combos and both are rigged with braid. They are very heavy duty. I use one for c-rigging and 1 for frogs. I wouldn't want to throw one all day long because they are heavy in weight also....no comments Mike!!LOL!!

TOXIC

It's been nuts over here dude......just heard on the radio, GM's gonna cut 5,000 MORE White collar jobs by the end of the year!! (No wonder they want these deadlines met,...LOL,...it's like,..."Hurry up and finish so we can box your ass!!")

I'll callya later today or tomorrow!!

R,

Mac

Thanks for the Info---;)

Been tring to Decide between the Browning Midas or the Nitro combo--

I have a 2yr old Midas reel combo -- works great..And the Browning Midas boron rod--Nice - light and very Sensitive.

The new Midas Reel combo with a "wide spoll" model (12 LB/230 YDS) with 16.5# of drag and the boron rod is rated at 15-30 LB 1/2 - 1-1/2 OZ 7' 2" XH .

The Browning combo is most likely lighter then the Nitro combo..

Wish they have both at the BPS here to try them..:blink:

Mac - good luck there with your Job...

Crazy here at the VA Hospital--Rolling out 150 replacement PCs this week...

Thanks Guys

Rick

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_98336_100003001_100000000_100003000_100-3-1

I heard that too Mac, but I thought it was juat a continuation of cuts already announced in January.....

LUNCH?

I'm not sure anymore.....all I know is there's too much work to do and to many deadlines on top of each other and not enough people to get it all done......but..evidently the powers that be, think they can wave a magic wand and it'll all get done, ON TIME, with NO ERRORS and even FEWER people doing it!! Ohwell,...just keep that FULL paycheck coming twice a month and I'll keep listening to their fantasies! LOL

Can't do lunch today.....workin' thru it, gotta get a bunch of work orders sent out today before I'm off next week!! I DON'T want to dump my work off on someone else to do....(there's already to much of that going around already!!....does not exactly enhance one's attitude!):angry:

Mac

I like the one I have, it is for sure HEAVY all the way...I test drove Hammers when we were in MI in May and now have it as my main striper rod, plus double duty as a BIG cat getter....that drag will really help out!

Latest posts

Back