Bought the new XDS-9 "4.0" pistol

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've been wanting an XDS. I went back and forth between the 9 and .45. Tough decision. I wanted the .45 because I've never owned one. But common sense made me also look at the piles of 9mm ammo I already have for my other pistols (and the complete lack of .45 ammo) and say "be reasonable - get the 9mm".

After much deliberation, I decided to look for a used XDS-9. I finally found an XDS, but it was the .45. I decided to just buy it anyway. But the guy wouldn't ship to my FFL. He wanted a local sale only, and he said he would let me know (eventually) if he couldn't find a buyer.

Kinda glad that happened, because Springfield announced the new "4.0" (4" barrelled version) of the XDS recently. Slightly longer slide than the original 3.3" XDS.

Found the 9mm version this week for less than $500, shipped (brand new). So I came out cheaper, and I'm getting what I consider to be an upgraded version of the one I originally wanted. Can't wait to get it in my hands! I've just got a thing for Springfield pistols. This will make #8 - all different.

All the best,
Glenn

Went to sporting goods store in Florence AL on my birthday couple weeks back, met up with a buddy there and man they had pistols/rifles galore. I was so tempted with 600 in my pocket to spend, but I didn't pull the trigger. Figured no need now since wife is wanting to retire on disability (has MS) and I got her the gun she wanted last year and I still got my 5946 Smith with 32rd mags (4 of those with 4 - 18rd mags). That XDS 4.0 sounds nice though and I kinda would like to get one with rails for accessories, current 9 I have doesn't have that. Ended up spending money on MORE fishing stuff o_O

Great. New reading and research for tonight when the tube is being watched by the better half. I really do not care for most TV programs, especially tonight.
cq

Latest posts

Back