boat cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott klaverkamp

Reaction score
How does a person scrub the underside of a boat when on the trailer? You can do a pretty good job until you get back to the fenders on the trailer. I recently bought a product called "SEA SPOT GONE" . It does make the spots seem to be gone, but you can still feel the roughness of the waterspots or deposits. Is there a better way? Fresh water fishing only. Thanks for your responses.

When I had a Nitro I removed the fenders and shored up the underside with a floor jack then went after it with a buffer. Waaaaaaay to much work. Now I just power wash what I can reach.

fatrap

I was hoping that someone knew of a product that really worked instead of products that say they work but don't. I used this same product on my shower doors and had the same result.

Anything that is strong enough to clean your hull without scrubbing will more than likely not be good to leave on. Wiping with Bass Boat Saver always worked for me.

Careful using strong stuff where you can't properly rinse.

I use BBS or simple green.

The majority of you detailing should be focused on not only cleaning but protecting the part of the boat that is in the sun the most from UV rays. I use BTS and love it. There are others too, but just be sure to protect the gelcoat from UV rays with something. Sure lemon Pledge may make it shine, but there is ZERO protection offered from it.

I really don't worry about the bottom of the hull. not in the sun and you can't see it anyway even when on the trailer.

Quick wipe down with Bass Boat Saver after I get home from a trip to Lake X. I love the stuff. I buy a gallon with the free sprayer and it (usually) lasts all season. I was going to say: YMMV, just my .02, etc... but I decided not to .........

Not quite the answer for underside cleaning but I need to give a big shout out to Mequires!

I just bought some Mequires "Flagship" wax and gave the Z6 a once over, awsome product, easy to apply, great shine, great water repellant. Bloody expensive here in Australia at $40 a bottle but well worth it, best I've used by far!!

Latest posts

Back