bird in console!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Sikes

Reaction score
When I turn the steering wheel to the left , it chirps. It only does it once. If I turn it left right left right, it does it every time to the left. Its so loud, I've had friends at the ramp asking if I had an alarm going off! Any suggestions or thoughts ? (2011 Z7) Thanks!!

I'm curious if you have the hydraulic steering on this boat? But either way this boat should still be under warranty. When did this CHIRP start?

Yes, it has hyd steering. It started probably a year ago. Everything works fine but the chirp is kind of annoying. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do. Thanks for the reply!

Not really - especially under warranty. But I'd have it seen to asap, you don't want to be traveling high speed when it locks up and jerks you out of control. Look for leaks, might be a seal failing somewhere and if that's the case, they'll have to rebuild it putting in new seals. You don't want to be paying out of pocket for that, it'll get costly.

Thanks for the response! I'm gonna have it checked out. I've had my doubts about the steering since day 1. Under full throttle, it turns smooth as silk to the right but I have to really crank on it when turning left. I was told that it was caused by the torque of the motor. What yall think?

I may be misinformed, but I didn't think you would have that problem with hydraulic steering. I have cable steering and had to adjust the trim tab to offset the torque.

cq

Does it do it out of the water on the trailer? Key off and/or key on? Is the "chirp" coming from the warning horn? Could be chaffed wiring, could be pump. Get under the console and have someone turn the wheel while you try to locate the source.

Latest posts

Back