Bimini Top

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Ambrose

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Tracker Targa V-18 combo and I want to put a bimini top on it next spring. Has anyone bought the one the factory sells and is it worth the $940.00?

Mine came with the complete Bimini setup. Same year as yours. Wouldn't do without it. While having lunch on board while anchored or the kids are swimming, it sure helps having the sun off you.I haven't used the front part of it yet that includes the enclosure from front of the Bimini to the windshield.

Sean,

I've found them online for around $500.00 and the Tracker top is almost double that so I am wondering if the quality is that much better.

Chuck

But will they fit in the Versa Track. That way, when in the down position, there is nothing in the way. Does that also include the complete top?

I have 2012 Targa 18WT. I first bought the widest top but decided to go with the 70 - 82" model (44" hi I'm short + 25" inside). I made my own track brackets. I didn't want to drill holes in the gunnels, plus it was almost impossible to get to underside for proper attachment. I came up with several track accessories. The one for the top works great. I can slide it and position it where I want. Check my "library pictures".

Tom is right. It's nice to be able to slide into position and adjust as you'd like.

Thanks guys. I like the idea of not drilling holes in the gunnel. Sean how tall is yours? I am 6'4" will I fit?

Thanks Sean, I'll probably order the Tracker top after Christmas.

Going to have to pay some holiday bills first.

Yeah....nothing inexpensive about boating but so worth it when you are out on the water. Life's to short to wonder if I should do something. As long as all the bills get paid.

The Dowco also comes with the enclosure for below the windshields. Also comes with a five year warranty.Dowco makes good stuff.

Latest posts

Back