Bill Dance and KVD at local fishing expo

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
KVD and Bill Dance were at the Worcester Marine Expo today. Bill Dance was funny. I asked him if he had any good Monster Tales! He was signing this small mercury engine postcard-size photo of him with a good size bass.

With that question, he looked up at me and said "You know, I do have one pretty good size bass I recently caught and I got a picture of it. You want to see it?"

I said sure. He put his sharpie down , got up and reached for his briefcase. He pulled out two pictures of him holding up an obvious fake bass that was gigantic. Everybody standing there got a good laugh.

I met KVD last month at the DCU Show and at Bassmaster University and I was able to spend alot of one-on-one time with him talking about his spinnerbaits and crankbaits. I realized I was spending too much time talking with him at the DCU and asked if I could give him some questions at Bassmaster U. that I wanted him to answer for a story for my NE fishing website I am building. He said sure and I gave it to him.

When I saw him today, he remembered me and said he thought I might be there today. He looked at me and said, "You know, I am pretty busy and I really don't have alot of time to write answers to your questions right now." Before I could say "That's no problem - maybe at the end of the season", he continued on and said "Here's my cell phone number, give me a call and we'll work a time out so that when I am driving on the road, I can answer them on the phone".

That was very nice. Now I just have to get cranking on that web site. Ever since my surgery, I have only been working on stories to put on the site instead of the code and design. Looking more like a late summer/early fall launch now ... ugggh.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

You are the man Bill! :cool:

Pass on his cell so we can call and ask for advise while we're all out fishing our tournaments LOL!

This is one of the many reasons he is my favorite angler.

I may just have to get my butt down there today and see him...

Hey Bruce - Only Bill Dance will be there today. If you go, check out the Verado engine. It is amazing how quiet it is when it is running. If I get another boat in another year or two, I think I would get it with the Verado engine.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Hey Bruce. If you go over in the afternoon i might see you there. Im going to try to get over somtimes after 12.

Bill,

if you keep on meeting all these guys, you should have some great info for the site. look foward to logging on when its complete.

i am off to TOHO on Friday, wish me luck!!

GregD

Greg - Hope you catch a monster bass down there. I talked to Vick Sr. yesterday at the show and he is pretty enthused about all the tourneys he is in this year. He was beaming about his new 929.

So far, the three guys I really enjoyed talking with were Glen Lau, Jack Gartside and Lefty Kreh (2 of 3 are fly guys - go figure that they have the most interesting stories)! Hey, don't forget, you and I are going striper fishing this year somewhere on the North Shore and maybe the Cape. We better! I am getting an 8wt 9' outfit to do this and I am going to figure out how to cast in the wind over the next few months.

Oh yeah - if you end up with a 10 pound bass at weigh-in for our first tourney in April, I will know where it came from !!!

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Bill,

have a resorce for north shore info. when the strippers move up north i will tap that sorce and try to get us some schoolies. i REALLY look forward to it.

i have a loomis just weighting for a big fish.

GregD

Back