Best Practical Joke Survey

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Sooners "Practical Joke Ideas" thread was hilarious. I wanted to tell a story there, but I'll start a new thread here and ask y'all to see if you can knock it off the top of the heap.

In college, some girls pulled a practical joke on my roommate and me. Something stupid, but enough to make us want to get even.

One evening, we waited for them to go to the dining hall. He and I picked the lock to their room (okay...I'll admit it,...I picked those locks. Preacher's kid, remember?), and a couple of other rooms as well. We enlisted the help of two other friends and within 60 minutes, we had relocated everything from one room into the other, and the second room into the third, and the third room into the first.

Oh, and it was ALL put into place as if it had always been there, right down to the tumbtacks in the bulletin boards. Then we turned out the lights, shut the doors, and went into another room to watch the fun.

The girls came back, opened the door, started to walk in - and realized they were in the "wrong" room. They pulled the door shut, then looked up and down the hallway (counting doors), looked at the number on the door, and (again) unlocked the door.

NOPE! Still not your stuff!!!

They actually did this three times before it hit them that their stuff was in one of the remaining locked rooms.

I laughed my butt off.

The best part was that no one got hurt, nothin' got damaged, and all they had to do was tell the housing office that they were switching keys.

(That one got topped by a group of guys who moved another guys entire room out onto the 50-yard line of the football field, and set everything up just like it was in his room.)

(And then that one got topped when it was 55 below zero and somebody poured what must have been six thousand gallons of water all over the tires on the dean's car, freezing it to his driveway.)

Style points were awarded for that last joke... BIG style points...

(How 'bout disassembling a massive manuer spreader and re-assembling it the lobby of the admin building?)

How about the washing powders in the school fountain??? Lotsa sudds...but not the kind you can drink.

Donnie

Oooo....Ooooo....here's an nuther un.

One night, my girlfriend was over at a house with a bunch of other girls, doin' girl stuff (talkin' and complainin' about their boyfriends). They apparently decided to order some pizza and watch a movie.

I just happened to walk past that house and saw all the girls' cars out front and decided to see what my girlfriend was up to.

So, I walked up to the front door and, just before I rang the doorbell, I looked through the front window and saw them all watching television, with their backs turned to me.

Turns out, the video was "Halloween" or some such scary flick. Bein' the good preacher's kid I am, I patiently waited...

until they were at a part where you just know somethin's gonna happen? Somethin' that makes everyone curl up in a real tight ball just waitin' for the other shoe to drop?

And, just bfore it happened, I reached out my hand ....

and banged real hard on the window several times.

Yeah, me and her broke up not long afterwards.

This is slightly off color but I'll try to be as delicate as possible.

The very best practical joke I ever witnessed was way back in 1978 when I first started selling cars. I worked at a big fast track Ford store. The three sales departments, were staffed by the strangest and most diverse group of characters I have ever associated with. The new truck department was manned by starched bluejeaned cowboys who looked down with disdain at the rest of us poor slobs selling new cars. The used car department was like an old con-artist retirement home. They were off by themselves so there was always a TV with a ballgame on, a card game was always going, and I'm sure there was an open bottle in every desk drawer. They made so much money on every car they sold they barly had to work to make a great living. They also looked at the new car guys with contempt.

There was an initiation that they would do to every new salesperson (FNG as they called it). It involved an old man, probably in his late 60's or early 70's named Ed who, whenever one of the new car guys or gals would bring a trade-in over to be appraised would come over to the managers desk like he was being nosey about the trade-in or something. While the new salesperson was busy talking to the manager, old Ed would pull out a fake penis that he had filled with water and pretend to urinate on the new persons leg. It was great fun and whenever a new person was going to get an appraisal we would find some reason to go over to the used car area to enjoy the show.

After a while a good friend of mine was needing a job so I got him on at the Ford store. He had just started when the used car manager pulled me off to the side to tell me we had to get Greg over to used cars for the fake d*** joke. Problem was, I had already told Greg about it. So what we did was reverse it on the whole used car department. Greg goes over with a car to appraise and old Ed does his thing but instead of screaming and running away Greg says,"WHY, YOU NASTY OLD PERVERT I'M GOING TO WHIP YOUR A$$!!!" and he starts going for poor old Ed like a man posessed. The used car manager was in on the joke so he starts yelling "NO NO HE'S AN OLD MAN!! YOU'LL KILL HIM!!!". I get in between them and act like I'm trying to hold Greg off and all the used car salesmen are grabbing Ed and hustling him out the door with everybody yelling at the top of their lungs. Of course we couldn't keep from laughing for long and as soon as we did the scam was exposed. Ed had to admit it was a good payback and I think we gained a little respect that day.

Harpo

Back