Best Baitcaster for $150 or less

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Kern

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Is there a better baitcaster than the Shimano Curado for the money? I like to try new things and would be interested in trying another reel if this board says I should.

Thanks in advance for your input.

My best!

Kevin

bassinboy104

I like the Quantum Energy.$189 and it comes in 3 ratio's and is 7 bearing instead of 6.According to Bps the Curado is $199 to $249.I have not used the Curado but my tourny partner does.He really likes them and I like my Quantum's.

Just an FYI there is a $50 rebate on the Curado d going on right now. You can get more info on the Shimano site.

But if your interested take a look at the Citiga line. I bought two of them last year. Im not sure how they stack up to the current model Curado since ive never fished one but they compare very favorably to the old generation Curado SF reels( i have like 6 of them)it sells for ~120 and thery have a $30 rebate on them right now.

Citica is a great reel. The Abu revo S is also a lot of reel for the $$.

Don't know if it is better but I really like the Rick Clunn baitcaster from BPS....smooth, cast great, light and can handle big fish (have landed 8-12lb. reds here along the gulf coast). I caught it on sale for $ 70 but it usually sells for $100. kenny

Take a look at the Daiwa Advantage line of reels. The newer ones run around $160. I have 6 of the older ones and buy another one every chance I get off of Ebay. You can get the older ones for around $70 or so. I sold all of my Curados last year to get the Daiwas.

Definatly a topic for which you are most comfortable with but I suggest to many people the high speed BPS Extreme Baitcaster (7.1). I get my rods and reels free being on their Pro Staff and this Reel, as well as the rod has lasted and performed as well as any other reel...and its not that expensive, always on sale. Ive used them for everything from topwater to flipping.

Can't go wrong with Clunn reels or the new Nitro reels.....both rock solid and worthy of your coin!!;)

I have 4 of the 7.1 Extremes. Love em. Now that the JLM Elite has a 7.1 I will be getting a few of those too :)

Latest posts

Back